Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » It appears I have a problem. . .

Author Topic: It appears I have a problem. . .
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An addiction.

To the Internet.

Sounds stupid, but there it is. And I'm not prepared to let something like that. . . like THIS control my life.

So you won't see me around very much from now on. I hope. There are certain people I don't feel I can trust anymore. And the ostensible raison d'etre of this site, to discuss a show that no longer interests me. . . not that much of that goes on anyway.

So that's it. So long.

------------------
"Adventure? Excitement? A Jedi craves not these things!" - Silent Bob

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*blink*

*blink*

Whoa.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to be constructive, use this to your advantage: become a professional Web page designer! "How come you're always on the Internet?" "It's my job." "Oh. I wish I had such a great job." Etc.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Walter Barnett: "D-Did that thing just shatter an overpass into dust?"
Donny Finkleberg: "No, I...I think it was an entrance ramp."

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a note:

My ex is a webpage designer.... and he's recently realized that HE hates the internet as well... too much falsehood, too many people that are helplessly addicted to a life that isn't real and tangable...

So even webpage designers can get tired of the internet.... and even webpage designers can see how much the grip of the 'net influences some people and corrupts others....

Bye, First One... not that you'll ever see this (but you probably will... may not respond, but curiousity will bring you back to check mesages... I know... I've done it myself before.) Take care, and enjoy the real world... *smile* It took me quite a while to find the happy middle between net and RL, too... and actually I think I STILL spend too much time here... way too much. The absurdity of some of the online practices that I've seen lately is driving me NUTS. But I do understand where you're coming from....

Have fun!

~LOA

------------------
"WARNING: Objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear."

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe,
I have an empathy with First One. I can become very addicted to the internet. However, over time and testing, I have learned to see the cliff. There are times when I want to jump over the cliff and there are times when I don't.

IP: Logged
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said I wouldn't be around as much as I was. But when I get into work early like I have to this week, there's not much else to do.
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*taps head to check for damage*
"..a show that no longer interests me..."
?????????!?!!!!?!!

Oh, woe woe and thrice woe! He has fallen from the true faith.

I'll confess I am fond of this forum, but I use the internet very little otherwise. I am also content with my place in the "real" world, and do not feel introverted or in any way withdrawn.
And of course this summer will probably cure me of any lingering cravings, since after I graduate I'll lose my login and access to this site. Perhaps permanently.

------------------
"Plagues extinguished, the world becomes smaller.
For a long time there is peace in empty lands.
People will walk safely by air, land, sea, waves.
Then again wars will be stirred up..."

- Nostradamus, 1568

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say it....I....am......a.....junky!!!!(wimpers a little )
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bye Lee.... *can't put the rest into words*

------------------
When I saw you I fell in love,
and you smiled because you knew
- Unkown

...if you should die before me,
ask if you could bring a friend...
- Unkown

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll miss you, Lee.

------------------
"We offered him unchallenged control of the Alpha Quadrant, and all he could think about was his daughter."
--Weyoun, "In the Pale Moonlight".

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps