Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The Armed Citizen (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Armed Citizen
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I heard that whole CIA thing on talk radio (Jim Quinn in the morning), and I THINK IT'S CRAP, TOO! Repeat: I DON'T buy it.

I SAID it was really paranoid...

Apparently, we both misunderstood each other's senses of humor. This is my fault, as I wrote the above while under the influence of a really bad headache.

I'm sorry about that.

I do still, however, object to the characterization in the story of gun owners as racist paranoids obsessed with overkill and ammassing huge amounts of firepower, no matter HOW humorous the story is.
(okay, I admit, it is kinda funny)
Nevertheless, it's essentially equivalent to telling stereotypical jokes about any other group.

I don't think YOU are anti gun, but it's fairly obvious what the tone of the story was. But I SHOULD have seen that as the humor it was intended as.

As for things the media doesn't report... I recently came across a series of books at Barnes and Noble entitled "The Top Ten Censoried Stories of 199-" (I think there were issues from 1994-98) It's quite interesting.

Lastly, I don't see how you could call the column "absurd." It's not a lie, everything there actually happened. It's simply a small statistical sample, as well as an example of underreported news stories. I could flood the group with such examples, but that would most likely be counterproductive.

------------------
You're just JEALOUS because the little voices talk to ME!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps