Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Small pet peeve

Author Topic: Small pet peeve
Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, when people post a ship or drawing, etc, etc, it really bugs me to se people say:
"You should change..."

i mean, i may sound like a 2nd grade teacher, but this is rude...*constructive* criticism is when you give *suggestions*, not *orders* or *intructions*.

"In my opinion, it would look a little better if..."

"Maybe you could change that..."

see? it just *sounds* better.

------------------
"Well, I dunno, Katie...I mean, it worked on the sheep and I thought why not try it on your baby?"

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Small pet peeve

Somehow I thought this rant would be about yappy little dogs, gerbils and tarantulas.

I agree with his views above, but I'm slightly disappointed.

--Baloo

------------------
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
-- Plato
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming from someone who's had a short story workshopped, aka, torn to shreds, and then had to glue it back together again, making it tons better, i know exactly what you mean. we learned good criticism, and bad criticism.
bad criticism: your plot sucks
good criticism: your plot was very hard for me to follow, and didn't flow very well. it seemed there were too many things going on.
or: i wasnt sure who this person was/what his purpose was. try explaining him more so that we get a better picture of him.

pleh. thank goodness i had jack this past semester *L* good teacher.

------------------
Clones are People Two

"The Force is like duct tape: it has a dark side and a light side, and it holds the universe together"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*grins*

Sorry to disappoint ya, Baloo! Mebbe I'll complain about spiders later on, AFTER exams! *L*

------------------
"Well, I dunno, Katie...I mean, it worked on the sheep and I thought why not try it on your baby?"

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After I've drawn a ship 8 or 9 times and present a final product, you'd find it hard pressed to get me to make any changes.

And a peeve does sound a bit like a cuddly alien pet. Possibly on that is aggravating.
------------------
"Minsk."

Cmdr Worf

[This message was edited by Cargile on June 06, 1999.]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps