Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I thought I'd beat Monty to this

Author Topic: I thought I'd beat Monty to this
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently an American evangelist, Pat Holland (or something) has got confused by the style of dress of Monty's home land.
He described Scotland as
'a dark country, overrun by homosexuals'

You can't argue with that can you?

------------------
'There's no meat in beer, right?'
-Joey Tribiani

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Notice how Billy Graham is the only preacher who never messes up?
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Billy Graham is just about the only "televangelist" type I respect in the slightest, and when I say "respect in the slightest" I mean to say "he shouldn't be lined up along the wall and shot with the rest of them."

Mostly because he's not on TV every day.

He did reccomend castrating rapists once, so he can't be ALL bad.

------------------
"... Then you'll see me do some MAJOR dancing on your face!" -- Cosby

Feste
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NYC Daily News 6/4/99:

"Scotsmen have long put up with jokes about their kilts, but their lawmakers aren't amused by Pat Robertson's assertion that Scotland is a "dark land" of homosexuals. The outspoken preacher's comments threaten a $48 million communications deal between one of Robertson's companies and the Bank of Scotland. Scottish lawmakers are worked up over Robertson's saying, "You can't believe how strong the homosexuals in Scotland are. It's just simply unbelievable...(Scotland) could go right back to the darkness very easily."

Erm..here's the question. Besides the looniness above, Robertson has also claimed to control the weather and longs for Armageddon. What was the Bank of Scotland thinking in the first place?

------------------
"'I'm afraid there's nowhere for you to sit,' I said coldly; 'the verandah is full of goats.'" --Saki "The Guests"

IP: Logged
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHH, it was Pat Robertson!
Sounds like something he would say.

Folks, Pat Robertson is an absolute psychotic. His greatest dream is to reduce his country (The US) to the medieval, Spanish Inquisition type days when being non-christian was a death sentence, and being not the right BRAND of Christian was just as bad.

He's one of those types who will say ANYTHING if it seems to advance his cause, no matter the source, the stupidity, or the incorrectness of it. If you believe in freedom, you must consider him a threat.

I'm just glad he didn't become president when he ran.. I was a bit too young to go into the assassination business then.

But he's good pals with Quayle and Buchanan, so watch your back.

------------------
"... Then you'll see me do some MAJOR dancing on your face!" -- Cosby

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah! ... stupid right-wing conservative christian tv evangelist people! .. I'm SO glad my religion doesnt' do that stuff!

------------------
24 hours and 30 minutes to CC time!!....
*HUGE EFFING BIGASS GRIN*
Seduce my mind and you can have my body,
find my soul and I'm yours forever.
- Anonymous

Feste
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pat Robertson - Part Two

Today Robertson hangs out with Quayle, Buchanan and is courted by other Republican politicians. However, I remember him when.

When I was a kid in the South, Robertson was just starting out, and my friends and I used to watch his fledgling TV program for kicks. He had a crummy set consisting of a couple of chairs and a desk and a morbidly obese sidekick with a Hitler mustache. Can't remember the sidekick's name - we always called him the Beaver because of his teeth. Well, kids are cruel.

Our favorite part of the show was when Pat would tell afflicted members of the audience to put their hands on the TV set and he would heal them. It went something like: "I see a lady in Orlando suffering from shingles - Lord, rebuke those shingles!" We all agreed even Pat went a little overboard the day he "saw" an ailing man and screamed at the camera, "Lord, REBUKE those hemorrhoids!!!"

However, as the money from the gullible and the frightened rolled in, Pat became prosperous and cleaned up the carny act. Judging from his comments over the years, there's still a flim-flam man longing for the old gig and/or he's a lunatic.

At least Elmer Gantry had style.

------------------
"'I'm afraid there's nowhere for you to sit,' I said coldly; 'the verandah is full of goats.'" --Saki "The Guests"

IP: Logged
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*stumbles around in the gloom*
Oh, I do beg your pardon.

That's quite alright. Ooo, you are...BIG aren't you?

------------------
"She turned me into a NEWT!..........
.....Well, I got better..."

- Monty Python & The Holy Grail

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim Baker got his TV start with Pat.
Never trust a politition or a TV preacher, including Mr. Graham who was one of president Nixion's friends.

------------------
ALL GOOD THINGS

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shoot!

I shoulda posted the Scotsman joke here instead of the OL.

Oh, well.

--Baloo

------------------
That's not my last word on the subject. It's an opening salvo.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps