Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Plastic bottles? NOOOOOOO (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Plastic bottles? NOOOOOOO
Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saddly, some beer companies in American are going to be putting beer in PLASTIC BOTTLES!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

The beers affected happen to be favorites of mine. This is unsettling. No more glass? Beer taste better in a glass container. This is blasphemy.

------------------
"Get a life!"

Bill Shatner

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. Of the little beer that I've had, some was draft, and others from the glass....and bottled beer is much better... But plastic?! Ewwwww

------------------
"We are all a product of the environment we live in.... the rest, good or bad, may be free will." Charles C. Bohnam

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just exactly who is going to start putting beer in plastic bottles?

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Icehouse and Miller Lite. There is a third but I didn't catch the name.

I hope this will be treated like New Coke.
------------------
"Get a life!"

Bill Shatner

[This message was edited by Cargile on June 14, 1999.]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of Icehouse.
And my feelings on people who drink 'Lite' beers are violent enough to destroy whole towns, so I'll leave that one.

I'll just wrap by saying:

Ha-Ha! Stoopid America.

------------------
"In my defence that bush is actually quite big"
-M the F

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pleh. Wouldn't be Michelob, would it? Not that I should drink anyway. *L* St. Patrick's day my parents let me have some beer...*sniggers* After 3/4 of a bottle i was somewhat out of the loop. *L* Rather an interesting experience. :*)

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

My uncle drinks malt beer.

*ducks*

Anyway, I guess plastic bottles are more environment-friendly. I know that word is hardly known in the US, but get used to it people.

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sacrelidge!
Blasphemy!
GUARDS!!!!!!!!

------------------
"I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"

- Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell, they can put the crap beer in all the crappy plastic bottles all they want. The only people who buy such care only about getting drunk as quickly and as cheaply as possible, rather like those "wide mouth" bottles and cans. Come now, did anyone before say 'I'm just now getting my Coors Lite fast enough, I wish the opening was bigger.'

Rather like Thunderbird or Nightrain wines. "Would you like to sniff the bottle cap sir? Last week was a very good year."

------------------
That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!
~Homer Simpson

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drunk on 3/4 of a bottle of beer? You go girl.

Joke, don't take offense.

Still, imagine the horror of Charles if he had a pint of Fosters. He'd be out of control.

------------------
"In my defence that bush is actually quite big"
-M the F

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pleh!! malt beer is nasty stuff!!!

and i wasn't drunk, Liam...just a tad tipsy *L* ;-)

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a meaningless aside, TMBG has a song about the effects of Thunderbird.

"I know, I know, I said that I would quit. Alright, I promise no more after this."

------------------
"According to myth, the earth was created in six days. Now watch out! Here comes Genesis. We'll do it for you in six minutes."
--
Dr. Leonard H. McCoy

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beer?

Plastic bottles?!?

That does it? Call out the militias! They've gone too far!

Put our beer in plastic? Phooey! The next thing you know they'll want to put it on those stoopid "Capri-sun" Aluminized plastic bags!

Gak!

That sort of news makes you want to cry in your beer (but not drink it).

------------------
American Society of Newspaper Editors motto:
"Proudly Maintaining the (Continued on Page A-4)".
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Here's the news item.)

http://www.channel3000.com/news/stories/news-981031-100509.html

And an opinion piece:

http://www.electronpub.com/wpon/pv/pv46.html

Once again: "Speeew!"

------------------
American Society of Newspaper Editors motto:
"Proudly Maintaining the (Continued on Page A-4)".
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

[This message was edited by Baloo on June 15, 1999.]

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Tch, you people think waaay to sentimental. Try to use reason, or the force. Whatever. The production process of plastic is way better for the environment, at least that's what I've heard many times, so why not change??! Is it reaaly that important that you're beer is in glass instead of polythene?!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps