Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Lisa Ling is wasted on The View

Author Topic: Lisa Ling is wasted on The View
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also known as, "The extremely silly rant regarding a certain former Channel One anchor and a certain System's TV viewing habits as they relate to daytime television."

I don't know how many of you waste away the morning hours by watched sappy talk shows and reruns of $100,000 Pyramid, but for those of you who do, I have an issue of grave importance to address. As you may or may not know, gushy pseudo-news show The View recently hired former Channel One anchor Lisa Ling to replace not so recently departing blonde with a Greek surname.

Now, hey, anything that puts Ms. Ling onscreen for an hour can't be that bad, right? Well, that's what I thought. But this is so beneath her talents. As a reporter for Channel One, the advertisment show...er...I mean news show, broadcast to high schools across the country, Lisa went to such places as Iran and China. This was real journalism. But now? Lisa and Barbara "I like to interview pretty people" Walters sit on a couch and argue about whether Barbie should get a tattoo.

Lisa Ling deserves a real job within the ABC news division. Give her the Sunday evening news, or Campaign 2000 coverage, or something. But please, don't force her to try and explain current world events to Star "I'm a lawyer, and I like sports. Respect me!" Jones.

P.S. Barbie tattoo: Ling yes, Walters no.

P.P.S. So I have a crush on her. Are you saying that is somehow an abnormal thing to base my television viewing habits around? I thought not.

------------------
"According to myth, the earth was created in six days. Now watch out! Here comes Genesis. We'll do it for you in six minutes."
--
Dr. Leonard H. McCoy

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Post a pic and then maybe I'll render an opinion.

------------------
American Society of Newspaper Editors motto:
"Proudly Maintaining the (Continued on Page A-4)".
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As my one friend and co-worker would say, she ain't ugly.

------------------
That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!
~Homer Simpson

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, since when don't you have a crush on some celebrity, Sol? How many is that? 8? 9?

------------------
"O Notre-Dame!
Oh! Laisse-moi rien qu'une fois
Pousser la porte du jardin d'Esmeralda"
--"Belle", Notre Dame de Paris

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only found this one picture. But the lengths I had to go to get it. The View has a site that is heavily geared towards women, and it has, er...female oriented pop-up ads. I'll say no more.

------------------
"According to myth, the earth was created in six days. Now watch out! Here comes Genesis. We'll do it for you in six minutes."
--
Dr. Leonard H. McCoy

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How old she be?
She lookin to be around 30
Not bad.

------------------
I did'nt do it.

IP: Logged
bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think she's younger than 30. I remember when she came on Channel 1. She was like a student-reporter I think, like early 20's. I put her between 26 and 28.

Btw; what happenned to Anderson Cooper?

------------------
"Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Optimus Prime."

Rule #3 : Whenever someone under you screws up make sure you teach them a lesson more so than you punish them.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Er...she's 25.

------------------
--
Dr. Leonard H. McCoy

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
25 eh? Where do I send my proposal of marriage then.

------------------
That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!
~Homer Simpson

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At Sol's upcoming site, the Lisa Ling Marriage Proposal Archive.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps