Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » What!!! Not Again!!!

Author Topic: What!!! Not Again!!!
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First... B5: Crusade was essentially let to die even though it was a very enjoyable show.

And now... Harsh Realm is cancelled!
dammit....I'd trade the barely competent and not very enjoyable Voyager for the pair of Harsh Realm and Crusade anyday!

argggh ! thud.. must...hurt Fox....die!

ok...thats why they call this a flameboard.
I had to let off some steam

[This message has been edited by Mucus (edited October 26, 1999).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't even had time to see any episodes of this...it's only been on for a few weeks, no?

------------------
Frank's Home Page
Noah Adams: "Well, some of them are really quite understandable. 'Montana is a leg.' is..."
John Linnell: "...it's grammatical. It's not true, and it doesn't strictly make sense, and..."

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A whole three... marvelous eh? They didn't even give it a chance....

------------------
No I'm Spartacus!

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something has definitely changed among television executives these days, they no longer give a show a chance to develop, instead demanding instant high ratings and profits. Harsh Realm didn't deliver instantly, and so was cancelled, without even giving it a chance to develop an audience. It took years for X-Files to reach the level of popularity that it has today, but apparently that era of patience is gone. And Millennium struggled for three years in that black hole of a time slot before Fox eventually pulled the plug on it. Perhaps this is the reason there is so much trash on television today. Well, at least it's trendy trash

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

IP: Logged
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'm a barbie girl, in a barbie world..."

Look at the shows getting ratings today.

Sports yawn-a-minute programming
WWF fakery
90210-clones
Friends-clones
Seinfeld-clones
Jerry Springer and trash TV
Real-Dangerous-Stuff shows
and Kiddie-Fluff shows.

GAK!!!

------------------
'In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to Liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ---- Thomas Jefferson

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although to be fair, the concept seemed limited.
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I caught the tail-end of a report on this on CNN Headline News this morning. Apparently someone in the Fox network is accusing TPTB of underpromoting the show.

I never saw a single episode. Just what the heck was it about, anyway?

--Baloo

------------------
Carpe Canem (Translation: Damn! The dog pooped on the carpet! AGAIN!!!)
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some sort of virtual reality world, or something. I think you got that report the wrong way round - it's Chris Carter who's accusing Fox of underpromoting the show, isn't it?
Chimaera
Ex-Member

Actually I thought Fox did a pretty reasonable job of promoting the show. I saw quite a few adds for Harsh Realm on Fox. Mind you, I only watch that network for two hours every Sunday (Simpsons, Futurama and X-Files when it's on) and the occasional Voyager rerun on weekdays.

But the concept didn't seem that limited to me, there was a number of directions the writers could have taken that show. Granted, the concept wasn't unlimited, my guess is they could have gotten two or three good seasons out of it before it dried up.

But there's always a silver lining: Carter now has nothing to do but X-Files!!! Premiere in under two weeks

------------------
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like Carter's on his way back to editing that surfing magazine!

But does this bode ill for ST:Franchise five?
Oooer!

------------------
"NO! NO! Kill you all!
Die! MAKE YOU SUFFER!!!"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch more fox then anything else, but have never heard of this show.

------------------
"One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor". George Carlin

Chimaera
Ex-Member

I don't believe this, is Fox not even going to show all the Harsh Realm episodes that were made? I turned on the tv this evening only to find some stupid Cops show on instead. Not just on Fox, either, but on the Canadian station out of Edmonton that also carried Harsh Realm.

------------------
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps