Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Was Hitler a Christian?

Author Topic: Was Hitler a Christian?
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the following article from the Straight Dope, he certainly was something, but it probably wasn't Christian:

Was Hitler a Christian?

------------------
Welcome to the museum of really dangerous things.
Feel free to pick up and handle any of the displays.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited November 03, 1999).]

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*red alert starts flashing*

I see where this could lead. Who knows whether he felt he was morally justified in doing what he did by whatever twisted and perverted pseudo-regilious mindset he possessed.
I suspect, based on what I know of his character, that he was simply evil and didn't care that what he did was wrong. He did it to further his own ambitions, and his dream of Aryan global domination.

He also painted roses, but I hardly think we can use his lifestory as a club to beat all painters with.

------------------
"NO! NO! Kill you all!
Die! MAKE YOU SUFFER!!!"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the quotes, he at least _claimed_ Christianity when it was politically convenient to do so (nothing new there). And, of course, it doesn't seem like the people rejected that idea.

Was he? Doubtful, at best. I suppose it comes down to comparisons of style: While certainly not the Christianity of Mother Teresa, it does compare with the Christianity of Torquemada.

------------------
'In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to Liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ---- Thomas Jefferson

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*am studying this in school*

Hitler was Arainistic;(I am not definite on this) which is a heresy of the church that dates back to the 490s.

(We had a server crash which is why I suddenly left again.)

------------------
With 17 hours of class, guess what I'm doing.

[This message has been edited by bryce (edited November 05, 1999).]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps