Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » It's beginning to look a lot like...

Author Topic: It's beginning to look a lot like...
Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...time to start slapping people.

Driving down Main Street of my little burg on Wednesday, 10 November. Over one of the new banks is a big damn clock tower, only one in that part of town.

And there's a crew of guys with a hydraulic lift ("cherry picker") putting a giant wreath around the clock face!!! By the end of the day, there are already pine branches and red Christmas ribbons on the lamp posts!!!

In supermarket (Safeway) this morning, passing through the dairy foods section, old lady walking past me says "Egg nog? Already?" I hadn't even noticed that they'd been slipped into the inventory

Now, Xmas decorations and gifts have been on a few shelves for some weeks. Little trees, Santa Claus here and there, but this is starting to piss me off. Anybody starts playing carols before Thanksgiving, I won't be held responcible.

------------------

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, some of us buy egg nog for Thanksgiving as well...

------------------
Avon: "You really do believe in taking risks, don't you?"
Tarrant: "Calculated risks."
Avon: "Calculated on what? Your fingers?"
-- Blake's Seven, Ultraworld

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've already heard carols piped in at a local department store.

------------------
"If you are going to be my girlfriend please don't dump me after I like you."
--
Michael

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

It's the same here, the christmas corner in the department store here was put up about a week ago. Even Sinterklaas is due to arrive this Sunday (and all those poor parents have to fool their children for three tiresome weeks).

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always avoid running through shops in December, and I have actually bought all presents last week (don't tell anyone ), so I will miss all the decoration and Santa Clauses running around (see separate thread).

RW! Back again! I would be even more glad to see you in the D&A forum.

------------------
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
A somewhat different Janeway in VOY: "Living Witness"
Ex Astris Scientia

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucky for me I'm on a college campus and such things are not seen here. We just have an arsonist and some guy threating to rape all the women on campus. Ahh the joys of college

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss Germany around Christmastime. If you can't be with your family, Christmas carnivals with beer, wine, hot soup, fresh bread, and friendly natives was a good consolation prize. We used to run across them fairly often when we went "castle hunting".

--Baloo

------------------
Remember: pillage before you burn!
-- G. Khan
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhhhh, Christmas - it'll be HOT then...

Andrew
Keeping the Southern Hemisphere representation alive *grin*

------------------
Ralph: Um, Miss Hoover? There's a dog in the vent.
Hoover: Ralph, remember the time you said Snagglepuss was outside?
Ralph: He was going to the bathroom.

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christmas...... Normally my favorite holiday. But now I have to spend it far away from anyone I really love. *pouts*

And Charles is right... My family buys Egg Nog AND I make mulled spiced Apple Cider as well. Thanksgiving is only in a couple of weeks. This is normal.

------------------
"...when all that is driving my heart forward
is you, thoughts of you, hopes for you,
and a fading dream with a Mona Lisa smile
that whispers "are you thinking of me too?"

7 days till the dreams become reality...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps