Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » about death penalty, ethics, western civilisation and right-wing politics.. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: about death penalty, ethics, western civilisation and right-wing politics..
Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I appose the death pently, because, hell, what if it is me! Of course, the movie Dead Man Walking changed my attitude from pro to con.

US justice system infallable?! As infallable as the twelve humans serving jury duty. I have been starting to think that if the courts didn't make money of of criminals, a lot of them wouldn't be returned to the streets. But that's something different all together.

------------------
"What is that? A tank?"
--Our Lord and Savior David Koresh, the Second Coming snuffed out before He could any good.

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I don't trust a court in which every simpleton can do jury duty. I don't trust juries anyway, I'm glad we don't have them.

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

And now, let's have fun instead of moaning :]

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone else Pro as to the Death Penalty?????????
I feel like an outsider.

------------------
Nurse: Can I help you?
Stan: We're here to commit our friend, Kyle.
Nurse: Reason?
Kyle: I'm a clinically depressed fecalpheliac on Prozac.
Nurse: JACKET!!

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pro.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto.

I'm not in favor of the death penalty for cases based on circumstantial evidence.

However, sometimes guilt is bloody frickin' OBVIOUS, and that's when it should be used.

When the jury convicts a guy who was found standing over the corpse, bloody knife in hand, grinning and muttering "kill...kill...kill..." I don't think you can chalk that up to fallibility.

Of course, by extension of the "flawed jury" belief, we might as well assume ALL juries are fallible, and let EVERYONE they convict go.

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

RW
Member # 27

Okay. As much as I despise you pro people, and as much as I like to have a good argument, I said, no more death penalty talk. Start your own thread, or this one will be closed.

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I apologize, RW.

------------------
Right, cheers, thanks a lot-Patsy Stone "Ab-Fab"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps