Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Creation vs Evolution (Page 11)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Creation vs Evolution
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI gang,, I'm back...

Yeah, I've been away for a few days, and missed all the good stuff. Sorry, couldn't be helped. Friend of mine was having serious problems, and she asked me for assistance.

**Word to the wise: Don't open doors you don't know how to close. Some of you will know what I'm talking about. The rest of you will think I'm babbling as usual. **

You know, the either/or concept is really especially silly, when you consider the thousands of creation myths held by the various religions around the world. Even arguing for the "truth of Creation" isn't a capable argument for the truth of your particular Story. And of course, there's always the option of "UNKNOWN MECHANISM." Something which is neither Creation nor Evolution as such, and has not yet been advanced.

(Incidentally, It was a Greek named Eratosthenes who is considered to be the first person to demonstrate that the Earth was spherical, roughly 2 centuries B.C. This knowledge spread, and was retained in some places even after the Christian Onslaught. Unfortunately, because Eratosthenes was a "pagan" according to the Church, what writings of his survived were either ignored, or more often, burned. -- As they did with the Library of Alexandria, the Mayan manuscripts, and anything else that stood in their way.)

I wish I had time to recap. Suffice it to say I feel that this thread and those like it are lost causes. Neither side will ever be able to convince the other. (well, that's not entirely accurate. Show a scientist compelling evidence which can only be explained by divine intervention, and you've got a shot at convincing him. Show a faithful person something which contradicts that faith, and you're most likely to end up with jihad.)

*Vorlonspeak* Itis a dying topic. We should let it pass.

------------------
"We shall not yield to you, nor to any man." -- Freak, The Mighty.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*agrees with First*

The Magnificent Seventh shall be the last. It was a great record-breaking run, people...

*decommissions the thread*

------------------
"Well, I guess we're an Ovaltine family."
"MORE OVALTINE PLEASE!"
-American Radio Ads... *gag*... one more reason I'm glad to be above the 49th.

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps