Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » What do you think?

Author Topic: What do you think?
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~powlesla/personal/hunting/rights/antihuman.txt

http://www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~powlesla/personal/hunting/rights/pets.txt

First, can anyone confirm the quotes on the above pages?

If they are true, they confirm my theory that AR activists believe everything has a right to live except people. If not, I still think vegetarianism is a choice, not an obligation.

--Baloo

------------------
You can only take offense if you brought some with you.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited August 28, 1999).]

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute while I run home and release Basil into the woods behind my house so he can starve to death...oh, and I might as well let my dog go at the same time. He has an odd propensity for dashing in front of cars when he's alone by himself outside, so I guess that would just be nature's way of weeding out the unfit, right?

Okay, and that blind guy across the road, he can just forget about his seeing eyedog to guide him. And don't you even THINK about buying your child fish to teach them responsibility for caring for other things...

quote:
"[Dogs] would pursue their natural lives in
the wild .."

Sorry, to late for that. Too bad PETA wasn't around when Adam and Eve roamed the earth so they could have avoided this whole problem.

quote:
"[Animal] Fancies provide an escape from the real world, a sense of purpose in a lot of purposeless lives, a chance to play God by breeding animals, and a chance to play celebrity by showing them."

This also raises the fact that no person in PETA can be Christian either if that's who this person is referring to as "God", as I beleive it says somewhere in Genesis that God made man head over the rest of the animals. (That's right, isn't it?)

I think this is all a huge joke. Where does it start, and where will it end? I want my turkey dinner at Thanksgiving. I wouldn't trade the companionship of my dog for the companionship of most of the people I meet. The house feels empty when he's not there.

Oh, and after I release Basil and Sampson, I think I'll off myself to help the planet out a bit. *rolls her eyes*

------------------
"You're just about as useful as .JPGs to Helen Keller."

- Weird Al (It's All About The Pentiums)

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and if all these people think that we should all commit mass suicide to save the planet, why haven't they stepped up and volunteered to be the first? Seems like one of those "do as I say, not as I do" circumstances.

Maybe they're just secretly hoping they can off all the people in the world who are stupid enough to beleive all of this gibberish and then return the wold to it's former state of glory. Oh goody. Let's all drop everything, abandon every single shred of technology ever invented and become rustic farmers living off the land, working our fields by hand of course as we'd not have any oxen to do the plowing for us. How boring does THAT sound? Yeah, someone sign me up. They sound like a bunch of manaical technophobes to me.

Well actually, I'd volunteer to take the big sleep if I couldn't have my computer, cell phone, and digital camera anymore.

Hehehe,,,BTW I'm at work and bored again, s'cuse the ranting, I got 2� hours of sleep last night.

------------------
"You're just about as useful as .JPGs to Helen Keller."

- Weird Al (It's All About The Pentiums)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Earth would be better off without us, really. But WE wouldn't.

------------------
"Something I can't comprehend. Something so complex and couched in its equation. So dense that light cannot escape from."
--
Soul Coughing

Feste
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Ingrid is a terribly unhappy woman. She needs to get a friendly pooch to cheer herself up.

------------------
"There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne."

Bette Davis - Old Acquaintance

IP: Logged
HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually without the existance of humans dogs wouldn't exist, they started out as wolves and got dumber and cuter so they could get table scraps, which is actually not a bad deal, in terms of Evolution. Cats on the other hand are exactly like there wild cousins, they are very lazy when food is abundant, but they work very hard when food is difficult to find, just like cats in wild.

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the "a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy" quote is real---I've heard her defend it.

In the US, there is ongoing political posturing about hate crimes and hate groups. Anyone who thinks wrongly must be watched, we are told.

Please, Ms Reno, tell me someone is keeping a real close eye on people who look on the bright side of human extinction.

Yes, there are people who hate humans---but not enough to remove themselves from our number as an act of protest. I've heard arguments from those who think EVERY non-human thing has a right to exist, up to [or should I say down to?] bacteria, viruses, AIDS.

since animal-testing hasn't yet produced a drug to cure madness, maybe we need to kill more lab rats.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very hungry.

*points at Ingrid*

YOU are packed with usable proteins.

Any objections?

------------------
"We shall not yield to you, nor to any man." -- Freak, The Mighty.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Teach the rat, pig and dog to do math, and i wont pet the dog, kill the rat, or eat the pig. Until then.(Sporksaber on)

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps