Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Crap and stuff (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Crap and stuff
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel real sh*tty right now.
Why do I feel so alone? The feeling of emptiness I once endured in high school has returned. The people I meet day to day seem friendly enough, until you want to meet them again in which they seem totally disinterested. Sure, they smiled and laughed when you first talked, but the second time around the conversation seemed like a one-way street.

My job at Darien Lake allowed me to meet many people of which were very kind and interested in sustained conversation. Many of them being adults, we'd talk about life and our shared experiences, etc. When I returned to college, the enjoyment and conversation disappeared No one wants to just talk, associate with you. You watch others strain to be polite to you, using one-word responses, trying to brush you of as soon as possible.

I try to come off as a nice guy. My size isn't that frightening....So why do people do this? Why am I forced to be alone? Maybe I'm dead...no, I'm just outside looking in.

------------------
"I will remember you...Will you remember me?
Don't let your love pass you by...Weep not for the memories..."
Sarah McLachlan

[This message has been edited by Jeff Raven (edited September 10, 1999).]

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there!! You'll make some new friends, and things will get better.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Jeff at work it was simple you had a important thing nessacary for any good conversion, time and the willingness to talk (as opposed to wishing to be somewhere else). Without those two factors intellegent conversation is impossible. Example before shifts start where I work I can always have an intellegent conversation, because they always would rather talk than work, and time isn't a problem, but after work forget about it.

Anyway I never have trouble having conversation, but that because of my personality. On the other hand I don't have a girlfriend and have never had a date (G*d D*mn it) in my life, but have lots of female friends, none want to date me stupid, stupid.

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HMS White Star: Don't worry. If you can hang on 'till your late 20's, all the stoopid women will finally figure out that the dumb jocks who abuse them can't be fixed, and that you'd make a better parent anyway. Then you'll have to use a palmtop to keep 'em straight.

------------------
In the race against ignorance, ignorance has a head start.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Baloo, that's nice but what do I do in the mean time. Or am going to have to wait until I am 28 to get a date.

See Jeff look at the bright side someone somewhere is having a worse day than you .

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I guess this just goes to show "One man's fun is another's Hell" -- (Metallica, "Misery)

You see, I don't LIKE to talk to other people, most of the time. So I have a hard time relating to people who need social acceptance by their peers. I nevar wanted it. (I never had it, either.) I didn't even start making close friends until my LAST year in college.

As for "waiting for a date..." Don't knock it. I actually (and I know this sounds trite) wish I'd waited longer before I got involved. (And _I_ didn't have a gf until I was 22.) I met my current squeeze when I was 26, and we're coming up on our second year together.

(of course, dating slightly older women who have already realized the above-stated truths about Jerks can help, too.)

------------------
"We shall not yield to you, nor to any man." -- Freak, The Mighty.

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with First on this one. Social acceptance is of limited value to me. Sure, it's nice to have friends, but I'm content with the four close friends I have now, and all the others are just pleasant sounding background noise. The lack of female companionship is a downer, but I try not to dwell on that.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Social Acceptance is highly overrated. I gave up on it my senior year of High School, and have been alot better off since. All anyone really needs are a few close friends, and those don't just show up out of nowhere. They take a little pursuing on your part. Deep friendships also take a few years to build... it's not going to happen overnight.
I'll also remind you that the people at your job were older and less busy. More mature people are more open to conversation about actual interesting things. I'm into the last half of my Sophomore year of College, and I STILL find it hard to find intelligent conversation with other campus students (unless you seek out the recluse people like me). They still want to talk about make-up tips, the Backstreet boys, who's fucking who, and whining about the professors on campus who are "complete assholes". It's something they don't grow out of for a long while, unfortunatly. If people your own age are a problem, why not try upperclassmen?
Anyways, if you don't find anyone, don't let it get you down. Sometimes, someone ends up finding you.

About the girl...... stop looking. They come up when you stop trying, and just totally give up on the whole thing, usually. But if that doesn't work, don't worry anyway, because you might think you need it, but you really don't. Honest.

------------------
"If you will not have me as myself, Perhaps as someone else. Perhaps as you, I'll be worth noticing. Then even a eunuch won't resist, The power of one kiss, from such as me.
I'll be that girl: and you would be right over. If I were a field, you would be in clover. If I were the sun, you would be in shadow. If I had a gun, there'd be no tomorrow."
~ Barenaked Ladies

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HMS>>How old are you?

------------------
"She's never letting me forget, I've always been an idiot"
-The Verve Pipe

HMS White Star
Member # 174

How old I am, well I am between 30 and 150 years old . Oh you mean how old I am physically, well I only 20 years old(Oh No, he is one of those old folks).

------------------

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, okay. Thank God you're not another 12 year old complaining about a lack of a love life! :]

------------------
"She's never letting me forget, I've always been an idiot"
-The Verve Pipe

HMS White Star
Member # 174

Hey I am not 12, well I might look like I am 12, I might not act older that 12, and I watch the same TV that 12 year old watches, but I am not 12, really . Hey why doesn't anyone believe me.

------------------

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coochy coochy coochy coo. .. aw, look at 'im, he's walking already. . . 8)

This is the first time I've even looked in the Flameboard in weeks! Some Admin, huh? I just got tired of all the God threads. . .

HMS White Star
Member # 174

Yeah the God threads were kind of a pain, but it was nice to see a Flame war on the Flame Board (what a concept actually staying on the board's topic ).

------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, nobody wants to come play "Religious Debate" with me...

*pouts*

------------------
"By all means, take the moral high ground -- all that heavenly backlighting makes you a much easier target."
- Solomon Short

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps