Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Sh8 happens, Part II

Author Topic: Sh8 happens, Part II
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent the following message out to a lot of people last night:

To all:

Sorry I was unavailable all day. Things just got weirder and weirder until I had to get out of the house.

She wouldn't tell me where she was moving, but asked me to help unload her first load at her trailer today.

???

As if I wouldn't somehow notice the street address?

Her (borrowed) truck wouldn't start and she was insisting I help move the rest of the stuff and was getting annoyed with me because I wasn't thrilled to help her dismantle our life together. She started in with how Jordan wasn't my son and what an awful father I was. I had to get out.

I Called my First Sergeant (God bless the man) and met him at the library here in town. Later I went and hung out at the gun shop, then went to a friend's and we watched some movies. It's a little past one a.m. here and I need to get some sleep. Wife works tomorrow so she won't be coming to the house until around 2:00 P.M., so I'll be able to get some rest.

TTYL.

Sorry about the barrage of verbosity, and thanks for the moral (and prayer) support.

Footnote: I went to the gunshop because I know the owner and the gunsmith and the regulars, and on Saturdays, they tend to congregate in the storage room behind the shop portion and shoot the breeze.

My sister's response was gratifying:

Tell the woman to move her own damn shit! I can't believe the nerve!!!!! "I'm moving out and saying all these horrible things to you, but by the way, can you help me as I'm screwing you over???" She's definitely mentally ill. I just worry about her ability to be a good mother to Jordan if she's so nuts. I know you're a good dad and you've probably been a better parent to Jordan than she has. Mom always talks about how she enjoyed seeing you take care of Jordan and how good you were at it when she was there last year. It amazes me, since I remember when you were afraid to even hold a baby, much less change a diaper. Hang in there! You're a good man and you'll get through this.

Gotta go. Love, me : - )

Ah! It does my heart good to hear moral outrage expressed on my behalf.

------------------
Getting motion sickness riding the emotional rollercoaster.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, I did help unload the first load, just so I would know where she lived.

I don't know if she just wasn't thinking or what?

--Baloo

------------------

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

[second post script:]

Earlier today I let the dogs inside. They looked all over the house (these goings-on have made them nervous, too) and finally parked their furry butts outside the hall bathroom and started whining.

I opened the door so they could go in and they ran over to one of Jordan's "used" diapers (apparently Wife bathed Son before taking him to her home yesterday and dumped his diaper on the floor) and sniffed at it. They then looked at me as if to say:

"Where's the little guy?"

I hadn't been thinking about that all morning prior to then. I cried.

Bummer.

------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your Sister is right.

Why is it that the good parents always get the short end of the stick in these matters? And why is it that their spouses always portray these good parents as the worst beings on earth?

No offense to you, but this is getting way too out of hand. Talk to your mother in law, or any of wife's friends and other family members. Ask for their opinion.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

Wife's daughter agrees with my sister's assessment. That's one of the things that's been keeping me sane.

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sounds awful. Sorry Baloo. Is there anything you can do to get Jordan? You sound like a much healthier parent than your wife.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."

-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I could, Baloo, I'd give ya a hug...

Somebody invent a transporter device yet?

------------------
"Freedom is best, I tell thee true, of all things to be won. Then never live within the bond of slavery, my son." - The real William Wallace

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If her daughter supports you, you may be able to get Jordan.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*adds public supportive hugs to all her private ones*

------------------
"Sully, for Shame! And don't be foolish! What are we trying to practice every day? If our friendship depends on things like space and time, then when we finally overcome space and time, we've destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see eachother once or twice?"
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't hug, but I wish you all the best concerning your son, and getting him back. Your wife sounds demented. Was she always like that?
Good luck, old boy.

Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn, after all.

------------------
The unexplained phenomenon that crippled the U.S.S. Unimpeachable --
Gaseous Anomaly...
What anomalises gaseously.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bit of a misquote there GA, but it works good for this.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear this. Things like this really piss me off, and this has to be a huge downer for you. Hang in there, and do whatever it takes to get your son.
IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps