Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » "Bible Code" goes belly up!

Author Topic: "Bible Code" goes belly up!
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read all about it at: www.slate.com/Features/codedebunk/codedebunk.asp

------------------
"We shall not yield to you, nor to any man." -- Freak, The Mighty.

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well of course it does. However it remains an unquestionable truth that the entire future history of mankind is encoded in the bumps on my head.

------------------
"FOOLS! Will I have to kill them ALL?!?!"

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slate is late: this pseudo-science was debunked in The Skeptical Inquirer, Volume 21 #6... November/December 1997

If the sample is large enough, a wealth of historical or contemporary phrases can be found in any large text. One researcher, as example, discovered the outcome of a recent NBA championship game.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...And of course Montgomery's "Phrenology code" has yet to be scientifically proven. I suspect he put the bumps there himself.

------------------
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are beautiful.
--Unknown
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited October 07, 1999).]

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very twisted!!!!

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Monty, what do the bumps say about Y2K?

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*feels head*

There will be a great darkness at the turn of the millennium, followed by a great light as a great burning fire rises in the sky the next morning. There will be great suffering in the aftermath, and the people will clutch their heads and gnash their teeth. And makers of Japp's Health Salts shall inherit the riches of the Earth....

------------------
"FOOLS! Will I have to kill them ALL?!?!"

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow monty, that is the most insightful thing I have ever heard. Did you mention that all golf courses within the vacinity of lakes will be rather fragrant?

------------------
"Diplomacy is the art of Internationalising an issue to your advantage"

Field Marshal Military Project
http://fieldmarshal.virtualave.net

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is basically the Plot of the movie PIE. This Awesome Jewish Mathematician is hired by the Jewish Mafia to figure it out. He slowly drives himself mad.
Very weird movie, plus it's entirely in black and white.

-Marc

------------------
and I, I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the diference.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yes. Excellent movie for watching on a projection TV in the middle of the woods on Hallow'een night with a beautiful woman. Not that I've ever done these things, mind you. I just think it would be a good idea. And it's Pi, not Pie.

------------------
"I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground: That "all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States or to the people . . ." To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition."
- Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1791

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, not really...I mean, yeah, Pi was about patterns, but in a much more interesting way. The idea that all of nature can be expressed via numbers is much different than the idea of hidden messages that can only be found with my Captain Comet Decoder Ring.

------------------
"Quadrilateral I was, now I warp like a smile."
--
Soul Coughing

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps