Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » New Mexico Changes Creation / Evolution Policy (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: New Mexico Changes Creation / Evolution Policy
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry. I needed to get off the phone, so I was in a hurry and misread your post. I seem to apologize for my previous posts alot.

Your responses were good (mostly) and well-researched (again, mostly), but you did skip over some very important points I made, and never explained how that "amorphous paste" was found on that Archaeopteryx fossil if it's not a forgery.

------------------
"I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground: That "all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States or to the people . . ." To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition."
- Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1791

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I was being sarcastic that time too, see? It's like this running theme thing.

Anyway, if it be another argument you seek, I suppose I'll do my best to oblige you. Just as soon as look up the details on Beck's tasty new album.

------------------
"Quadrilateral I was, now I warp like a smile."
--
Soul Coughing

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, sorry. I'm still getting used to text-based communication of emotion. You loose a lot of variables that you have in verbal communication.

I'm not too keen on another all-out CvsE argument, as I'd like to focus on the upcoming election, but if you'd care to explain the amorphous paste and show any holes in my young-earth theory (hydroplate-flood-liquefication-decreasing-speed-of-light), I'd be happy to listen.

------------------
"I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground: That "all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States or to the people . . ." To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition."
- Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1791

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Jay: Well honestly I don't want to start one either, but it would be quieter than some of the debates we have had recently, it's just that when people mention the second Amendment I have never seen anyone cross refrence what each term meant (at least what the founding fathers thought it meant).

------------------
Pinky we will so rule the world...as soon as I figure out what step 2 is.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, to be honest, between First and myself, I'm pretty confident that we've shown your argument to be full of holes. Unless there is new stuff you'd like to bring up.

------------------
"Quadrilateral I was, now I warp like a smile."
--
Soul Coughing

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd lay pretty good odds that the whole "amorphous" thing is either a misstatement, a poorly cited opinion in a decades-old paper, or an out-and-out fib. C'ers are famous for that sort of thing.

------------------
'In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to Liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ---- Thomas Jefferson

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, incidentally, one of my sources tells me (and I hesitate to mention this only because I haven't independently confirmed the facts yet) that a team of researchers at a major university once examined the "liquefaction" theory in a laboratory, and, after dozens of trials, determined that it was an out-and-out fraud, and that nothing like the sorting that would be necessary to explain the fossil strata order found in the real world actually can happen with "liquefaction."

I'll be spending some time trying to find the original data.

------------------
'In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to Liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ---- Thomas Jefferson

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps