Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Damn earthquake.

Author Topic: Damn earthquake.
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a 7.0 earthquake out in the desert earlier.
Blah blah blah, noone died or anything. But the damn
news shows are cutting into my Saturday morning tv
shows. Damn you, news people!

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan
http://www.phix-it.com/~perseus/

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work nights and had been home for just a bit. Listening to the old radio program "The Shadow" and then the ground started to roll. Not the worst one I've ever been in...and yes, the media did make a fuss over the quake.

------------------
What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?
~C. Mongomery Burns

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard of that radio show, in fact.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Don't worry; in Season Two we abandon it for 'I Am A Sock-Puppet!'" - Bob Skir

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I gather he "knows what evil lurks in the minds of men." Or their hearts. Or kidneys, for all I know. 8)
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a local news radio station that plays old radio classics. "Gunsmoke" and "The Shadow" are on Friday nights and it's rather cool to listen too after I get home from work. However, after the quake hit, they broke into the show and the Shadow's case was not resolved yet!! I don't know how it turned out!!

------------------
What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?
~C. Mongomery Burns

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deadkujo: I know what you mean. I waited all morning for the stupid news reports to end, but it didn't and I had to miss Beast Machines and new Pokemon episodes.

Did anyone hear that they found a giant split in the ground in the middle of the desert? The guys at Caltech said it'll advance earthquake research a lot. At least something good came out of this.

------------------
--Then, said Cranly, do you not intend to become a protestant?
--I said that I had lost the faith, Stephen answered, but not that I had lost self-respect. What kind of liberation would that be to forsake an absurdity which is logical and coherent and to embrace one which is illogical and incoherent?

James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, you guys are talking about the quake here in So Cal...I remember that night. That quake came at an interesting time acutally. But let's not go to that.

------------------
"Women feel the emotions of happiness, hatred, anger, helplessness, and desire.

Men on the other hand feel the guy version, Horny."

-Michael_T

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps