Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Holy Copyright Infringement, Batman!

Author Topic: Holy Copyright Infringement, Batman!
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.bibleman.com

Gee, that costume looks familiar... should I alert DC Comics?

And those Villian names... the FIBBLER??

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll disconnect your VCR...

------------------
'In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to Liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ---- Thomas Jefferson

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read another bit about this guy. He used to be on "Eight is Enough," child star Willie Ames.

------------------
'In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to Liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ---- Thomas Jefferson

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's doing this and Dick Van Patton is doing Weird Al video's. How the mighty have fallen.

------------------
"One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor". George Carlin

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya I saw him on the Daily Show. Yes the mighty have fallen, they have fallen much.

------------------
Mitch: Something weird just happened to me.
Chris: Is it a dream where you are standing on top of a pyramid in sort of sun-god wardrobe, and thousands of naked women are screaming and throwing little pickles at you?
Mitch: No!
Chris: Why is it that I'm the only one who has that dream?

Feste
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, "The Fiendish Works of Dr. Fear" is not a bad title. Too bad Vincent Price is dead.
IP: Logged
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL. I saw one of the Price Edgar Allen Poe recently.

------------------
"One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor". George Carlin

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Bibleman"??? What does he do? Lecture his enemies to death?

------------------
--Then, said Cranly, do you not intend to become a protestant?
--I said that I had lost the faith, Stephen answered, but not that I had lost self-respect. What kind of liberation would that be to forsake an absurdity which is logical and coherent and to embrace one which is illogical and incoherent?

James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was flipping through the channels this morning and saw that Bibleman was a guest on the 700 club.

Actually, he's kind of campy. At one point, they had a guy dressed up like Death show up (some villain I suppose). Bibleman's response? "As long as there are guys like you there will always be someone like me dressed in purple spandex!"

They also showed some clips from his videos. Tora Ziyal: yes, he does talk his enemies to death, but he does it while fighting them with a light-saber-like device. The whole Bibleman thing seems to be done with tongue firmly ensconced in cheek. Bibleman appears to be having fun with this "ministry" and the kids seem to enjoy the show.

C'mon, folks, this is not a threat to civilization as we know it, unless you consider "Captain Planet" (far more preachy if you ask me) a threat as well. Actually, it's rather funny.

--Baloo

P.S.: I hereby waive my customary research fee.

------------------
Carpe Canem (Translation: Damn! The dog pooped on the carpet! AGAIN!!!)
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Actually, I can't stomach "Captain Planet," either. Especially with their portrayals of all scientists as egomaniacal polluters or misguided idiots... you'd think they were taking direction from Omega.

But I DO think that "Bibleman"'s costume comes very close to copyright infringement.

------------------

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno. As far as costumes go I don't think DC and Marvel can safely point fingers. The light-saber, on the other hand...

--Baloo

------------------
Carpe Canem (Translation: Damn! The dog pooped on the carpet! AGAIN!!!)
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps