Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Birthdays, booze, food, and sex...

Author Topic: Birthdays, booze, food, and sex...
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, first of all, this topic is not about my sex life, it's about my birthday comming up in January. I hate birthdays, it's just another reminder that you are a year older and that you will not be 16 again. I also hate them because for the last 11 years, except last year, everytime I had a birthday party something bad happend. I'm worried now next year when I turn 18 that all hell will break loose. I'm worried that during the party, someone will end up in the pool, a fight will break out, there will be a drive-by, the cake will explode, or that when I open my gifts one of them will be for "certain unspeakable activities" and my parents will know what I meant by being in the closet.

Anyone else felt/experienced this or something similar?

------------------
"All you people, can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Everytime we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life"

-Backstreet Boys

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My birthdays tend to be rather depressing times as well.

------------------
"And I can't approach myself, skating over this perdition."
--
Soul Coughing

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a party for my birthday. Once.

I never did it again. Just not worth the fuss. Keep it small, close family and friends. Or avoid the family entirely...

------------------
Avon: "You really do believe in taking risks, don't you?"
Tarrant: "Calculated risks."
Avon: "Calculated on what? Your fingers?"
-- Blake's Seven, Ultraworld

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it when my friends have birthdays... I lvoe celebrating with them.... they always have WONDERFUL days!

But for me? Well, I dread birthdays.... they're bad, they're evil, and they're not worth it *L*

Of course, I hate all holidays....

It must just be my family....

But anyway, yeah... I know what you're talking about....

~LOA

------------------
Can't we all just get along????

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GAK!

Sounds awful. I don't suppose you could arrange to be out of town at the time? You have my sympathy. My worst birthdays have been the ones no-one cared to observe, but I can see your point.

--Baloo

------------------
Carpe Canem (Translation: Damn! The dog pooped on the carpet! AGAIN!!!)
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine has his birthday 5 days before mine.

So we celebrate with our close friends, about 10 of them, playing video games, pool, and etc.

And no, nothing dirty........

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have a birthday to celebrate, having descended to this place from a higher plane of existence.

Actually, I don't celebrate much. Most of my truly important birthdays have rotted. I spent #18 out in the woods at a Scout Leader Training Camp, and #21 in my dorm room alone with a bottle of cheap 90-proof vodka (I drank five shots in a rather self-destructive mood, but I merely went to sleep)

I have a friend who never celebrates her birthday ON her birthday, as she always seems to have catastrophes occur when she does.

------------------
'In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to Liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ---- Thomas Jefferson

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael, nothing bad will happen on your birthday if someone throws you a party. The worse case senario would be that everyone will find out that JFK High's decathelon captain is into the football and baseball team...

------------------
"Women feel the emotions of happiness, hatred, anger, helplessness, and desire.

Men on the other hand feel the guy version, Horny."

-Michael_T

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My birthdays have never been disasters, but they've never been anything to write home about either. My 21st is in a couple of months, so hopefully this trend will get turned on its head that weekend.

------------------
Do business with us, or we'll ruin you.

[This message has been edited by Orion Syndicate (edited October 27, 1999).]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 21st birthday was not as much fun as I would have hoped. I had been passing as 21 for a couple of years, since I didn't act like I was afraid I'd be carded and had a full beard.

When I finally went out drinking legally no-one carded me. I was so dissappointed!

--Baloo

------------------
Carpe Canem (Translation: Damn! The dog pooped on the carpet! AGAIN!!!)
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps