Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » for a purely academic purpose...

Author Topic: for a purely academic purpose...
bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if there is a ban on religious material I apologize in advance.

We are reading Mere Christianity in English class and we need to do a paper on an idea from the book next week. If you who are atheists and similar believers could reply I would appreciate it. My paper idea would then be set.

The question is a quote from the book:

"To what will you look for help if you will not look to that which is stronger than yourself?"

------------------
With 17 hours of class, guess what I'm doing.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Answer # 1. Groups. Friends. In friendship, and in unity, there is strength.

#2. Mom and dad. That's what they're there for.

#3. People who like to help others. "Lean on me, when you're not strong..."

#4. Myself. I am stronger than even I realize sometimes.

#5. Non-theistic Faith (..."that the Universe is unfolding as it should", to quote Spock.)

I'm sure there are other answers.. I hope your paper isn't an attempt to show that all other answers are inadequate...

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the question was stated first over radio by Lewis to his listeners to make them think about what they depend on. Besides, I found a pt. I like better.

------------------
With 17 hours of class, guess what I'm doing.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps