Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Brazil Bans More Games

Author Topic: Brazil Bans More Games
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something other than another creation thread at least.

"Brazil Bans More Games

Brazil's Justice Ministry has taken a bite out of gaming today as it has banned six violent computer games. As reported by Reuters, the ministry has ordered police to pull all copies of Doom, Mortal Kombat, Requiem, Blood, Postal, and Duke Nukem from store shelves or face a stiff fine of 20,000 reais (US$11,000) per day. Removing the games should prove to be simple, since most of those games don't even exist in retail outlets anymore."

Want to read a bit more? Go here

I am interested to see what our cadre of right wingers have to say about such happenings.

------------------
Simpson, I am by most measures a successful man. I have wealth and power beyond the dreams of you and your clock-punching ilk. And yet, I've led a solitary life. The fair sex remains a mystery to me. You seem to have a way with women, a certain, how should I put it... Animal magneteasmuh [sic]. Help me Simpson, tell me your secret.
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited December 19, 1999).]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brazil's action was rather draconian in my opinion. I do believe that access to violent content should be limited to people 18 years old or older. If you're old enough to go to war, you should be allowed to simulate it.

------------------
I once lost my corkscrew and had to live on food and water for several days
-W.C. Fields
http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And in the case of Doom, I'd say even 18 is far too high. They can have sex, but they can't watch a crude sprite shoot red blots at a big demon?

Doom should get maybe a 12. Kingpin OTOH deserves it's 18. It's not so much the violence, as the realism.

------------------
"Obesity. Adiposity. Corpulence. Whatever word you use, it represents one thing: being a big fatass."

Geraldo Rivera

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps