Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Columbine

Author Topic: Columbine
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read here earlier that there was no evidence that the christain girl was subjected to religous persecution. The evidence was played on the air this morning. The girls father was talking to one of the network morning people, and had a audio tape from the shooting, along with some stills from the video tape. On the audio you can hear the guys saying, "What would Jesus do now" and "We ought to just (expletive deleted)blow your head off" and "Go Romans, I'm glad they killed the (Expletive deleted)". Looks like the web sites were wrong on this one.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
must control... fist of death...

Listen, these (expletive deleted)s were out to hurt as many people as they could, and shouting epithets that they knew would be hurtful was just icing on the cake to them. Make no mistake, these jerks hated EVERYBODY.

Persecution is NOT simply insulting someone you're about to kill anyway. mThat's just being an a$$h*1e.

Actually, what I've heard is that Cassie (at least, that's who I assume you were talking about) was NOT the one to whom they asked if she believed in God, nor was she the one "who said 'yes.'" And that the person they DID ask, who DID say yes, LIVED.

Take that however you want.

You also need to understand that it's becoming clear that the two DELIGHTED in lies and deception. Who knows if what's even on their homemade videos is the real truth or not.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was not the homemade vid. It was from the shooting. I missed a few moments, but by what I saw and heard, I took it to be the security camera that caught the scene. The two shooters were standing over the girl, saying the above. I never got her name.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I gathered that.

What I meant, is that these kids were pros at lying, and decieving other people, such as their parents. Do you think they didn't know there was a camera, and act for it? These fame-craving goons?

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

Personally, I think they hated everyone and everything. I don't think they singled her out, but by the sound of it, they were enjoying themselves. I would like to see the whole thing, in a way. I'm afraid that if I did, I'd never be able to get past it either. I couldn't have set there as her father did, and discuss it in any kind of rational manner. I believe I'd go on my own shooting spree, looking for the kids parents. There is no way you can live with someone with that kind of rage, and have no idea that something is wrong.
Putting on a show for the camera? Perhaps, or maybe they were past that, to far gone to care. Some how, I doubt they were thinking of cameras while they were in the prosess of killing.

After rereading your first post, I can see that we agree on part of it. That they hated everyone and everything. Just not the definition of persecution.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

[This message has been edited by Kosh (edited December 21, 1999).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Webster's Collegiate Dictionary:

Persecute: 1.) to harass in a manner designed to injure, grieve or afflict. specif: to harass because of belief. 2.) to annoy with persistent or urgent approaches (as attacks, pleas, or importunities).

So, going by definition one, they were persecuting everyone there.

By definition two.. well, that's more how _I_ get persecuted on a regular basis BY the 'faithful.'

Personally, I think to call that incident "persecution" when most of the people there clearly were NOT killed because of their Christianity, cheapens BOTH the incident AND the persecution that millions of innocents have endured at the hands of various others throughout history.

------------------

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it wouldbe nice to know the truth about the mess, but there are enough Christian martyers (sp.) already. On another note, I read today a PRINCIPAL called in a bomb threat somewhere.

------------------
With 17 hours of class, guess what I'm doing.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

You're a Christian, and you can't spell "martyr?"

For shame!

Martyrs make excellent publicity, when used well. They aren't much good for anything else, though.

Yes, we have enough Christian martyrs. We have enough people they MADE into martyrs, as well.

---------------
Remember Hypatia!

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps