Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The Moan Zone (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Moan Zone
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're being given a chance to get out, OK? There's gonna be some serious moaning in here. If you are likely to get depressed or upset, click "Back" now.

Right, that's emptied the thread then...
I am here to moan as i am no longer capable of doing so in real life. Last term my few moans were so oft repeated, twisted and referred to that it became a stick to beat me with. This year I have not moaned at all in public, but boy do i have lots of crap to vent.
What better place than the flameboard?

Firstly, I am sick of the company of idiots.
At lunch today with m'esteemed classmates the primary topic of conversation was an Arab classmate (not present) along the lines of "Yeah, he really talks funny, doesn't he. He like doesn't understand a word you say to him!" (laughter and "Yeah!"s follow) He also drew mocking remarks for his beard and clothing, both religiously-based. I just sat there with a face like thunder, looking around to try and spot at least SOMEONE else in the group who was offended. Nope.

I am also pissed off with people in my hall, (see past threads), whose barbarian nature wouldn't be out of place during the Sack of Rome.

I also have now been landed with a team project to work on. This involves writing a huge volume of words on some obscure scientific topic. Doing a solo one would be hard enough, but I am composing it jointly with a brace of morons who will do sweet F.A. until 1 day to deadline, and then accuse me of not pulling my weight for refusing to stay up all night to finish it. I've seen this happen before.

And on a genrally despairing-for-humanity note, I recently tried engaging in some CON-VER-SA-TION with what I took for one of the more respectable of my classmates. I asked if he was religious, or if he ever considered "meaning of life" stuff. "nah, not really,",came the reply. These people exist only to arse around the world, use up valuable air, food, etc. and make life unpleasant for the fraction of the populace who ARE decent human beings.

The far future is going to be magnificent of course...
but the more direct future is going to SUCK.

------------------
Gene: "I AM Star Trek"
Yvonne: "You can't sum yourself up in so small a package."
Gene: "SMALL?!!"

- Gene Roddenberry: The Last Conversation

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I even heard your Scottish accent in that post, Monty !!!

Good to know you can come here for intellegent Conversation eh??

Well.. some of the time anyways...

------------------
I feel more like I do now, then when I first got here!! :)

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax;

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monty, that's a pretty heavy conversation. I generally start with "Do you like mittens?" but I guess "So, what's the meaning of life old chap?" has validity.

------------------
"She's just as bored as me." - Kurt Cobain
Polly, Nirvana

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehehe... How 'bout ...

"How 'bout these corns on my feet.. they're killin' me .. any hints on how to get rid of them??"

------------------

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax;

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

Hehehe... How 'bout ...

"How 'bout these corns on my feet.. they're killin' me .. any hints on how to get rid of them??"

------------------

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax;

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it wasn't the first thing I ever said to them. After knowing them for a few months you'd think you could start to ask slightly deeper questions...

And to throw another log onto the bonfire of the vanities:

Today the girl I am crazy about, but who is (bafflingly ) engaged to another man, came in aglow. I ask "Why the big smile?" The reply; "I've just been given a date for my wedding!".

My reaction? Recall "The Enemy Within"... and Evil Kirk's reaction to getting a neck pinch. He pretty much expressed my feelings at that point.

------------------

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's why women are evil and should be used only for tail.

No offence to our female posters.

------------------
"I'd rather be dead than cool" - Kurt Cobain
Stay Away, Nirvana

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much offense at any rate.

But still, what frickin' university are you AT Joe? The University for the terminally offensive and stupid? (Apart from you, obviously, he he).

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try doing group projects, for a get this a critical thinking class, where you are the only sober person, and the 3 other people in your group, 1) are stoned and 2)havn'et read the chapters yet that the project is on.. it is frusterating going to college especially chico state, which back in 1978 was voted the number 2 party school in the nation, and since then has been flooded with drooling idiots paying thousands of dollars a year to party and get laid...

*throws his hands up in frusteration

------------------
"Hey you...you talkin to me?"
"Show me your steel"
"I will show you my iron claw technique!"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still at Reading? I don't know what to tell you. I'd say transfer to the US, but it would be more of the same here, I'm afraid. And I remember your post last semester. There's just not much to hope for, the world is going to hell in a hand basket, whatever a hand basket is.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Women ARE evil. And we're HAPPY that way! *grin*

However I can't say thatI agree completely with us "only being good for tail"... but that could just be me.....

*L*

~LOA

------------------
"The battle is raging inside my weary heart
screaming for me to let it all go...
My body is weak and I can't take the struggle anymore...
the love that was here is filled up by anger and rage..." ~FOM

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure universities here in NB are better than that... During the second year, anyways, after all that trash has been weeded out.

------------------
"You insulted Shakespeare? I'm telling."
-Miss Bate

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

*would smite Liz for teasing, but satisfies himself with looking out that train box-car picture again*

------------------

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gah! *shudders*

~LOA

------------------
"When the toast is burnin', all the milk has turned'
and Captain Crunch is waving farewell....
When the big one finds you, may this song remind you
that they don't serve breakfast in Hell!" ~Newsboys, Breakfast

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NB?

And at the comment that US universities are better than UK ones: Hah! I spit on your face.

Besides, can you imagine Monty in that repressed atmosphere that the US creates around alcohol. As a Scot, it'd drive him mad in 3 seconds.

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps