Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Hooboy

Author Topic: Hooboy
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://cnn.com/2000/WORLD/europe/02/04/austria.01/index.html

One article I read was talking about a new Hitler...is it possible?

------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to acheive it through not dying."
Woody Allen

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rather doubt it.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haider is dangerous.
So is Pastrana and Hussein and Barak and a lot of other people. If it wasn't for Haider's position towards Israel, no one would have a problem with him.

And the term "the next Hitler" is overused. Next time someone conquers Europe and kills over 40 million people, gimme a call.

------------------
"Don't have a mind" - Kurt Cobain
Breed, Nirvana

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt I'd post some links to articles about Jorg Haider from the WSWS.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2000/feb2000/aust-f05.shtml

That is the most recent, and points out some interesting points about the European community.
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2000/feb2000/haid-f01.shtml

That echoes a lot of the first one.
http://www.wsws.org/articles/1999/nov1999/aus-n18.shtml

That one is my favourite. I suggest you read it, even if you skip the others.

So there ya go, you cannot say that the Fourth International has not been criticizing Haider from the get go. We were criticizing Castro, Peron, Suharto, Pinochet, Stalin, Pol Pot, Thatcher, Hussein, Mao, Xiaponig, Milosevic, and Hitler before most anyone else was.

------------------
Breed, Nirvana

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the idea to prevent such an event before it becomes possible...who knows all them dictators we've stopped before they got too far might have had a chance

------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to acheive it through not dying."
Woody Allen

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what the bomb was built for !!!!!

------------------
-There can be only Nine !! ..mmm.. maybe 10 !!

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax:

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, did you know why they didn't kill off Saddam the first time?

He was a good client of the US! The US sold him weapons and stuff and made lots of money with it!

------------------
"Si vis pacem, para bellum." (If you want peace, prepare for war)
- Vegetius
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, of course.

No "good deed" goes unpunished. That should be the First Law of Foreign Relations.

*sigh*

When will we learn that any foreign government we give money and aid to in the old game of 'allies and enemies' will inevitably turn around and bite the hand that has tried to feed it? It's happened enough that we ought to have gotten the hint by now... Of course, 'tis probably because the people and charge can't pick decent allies to save their own hides...

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

DT
Member # 80

I think I've been saying for quite some time now that Saddam was always buddy buddy with the US, right up until the day AFTER he invaded Kuwait. When the Ba'ath Party took over in Iraq, the CIA sent them lists of Communists. When Hussein took control, he was courted and used very well. When he gassed Kurds, when he gassed Iranians, Ronnie Reagan stood by and patted him on the back. He was sold the best weapons, and given support. When he wanted to invade Kuwait, he was told that would not be a problem. When he did, then there came the problem.
But I don't see the point of this. I was having a discussion last night with one of my colleagues and he brought up a good point. We all sit here and debate Tibet. Over there, people are being executed. But none of us care enough to stop it. That applies perfectly to Iraq. Hundreds die each day due to the actions of our government, but do any of us really care? No. My sitting here trying to convince bull-headed people to oppose killing is as pointless as forming a guerilla foco, except the latter actually does something.
I can't keep this up. I swear to not comment on politics again. What's the point? Like Neil Young said, I try to forget it any way I can.

------------------
Breed, Nirvana

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alshrim: I was always under the impression that the "bomb" was built to stop those nasty-evil communnists from conquering other countries, which in turn would turn the entire world into one big evil communist hore-house.

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps