Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Rosie the Bitch

Author Topic: Rosie the Bitch
Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rosie O'Donnell is so freaking annoying. There is a radio station based in Portland with the name rosie 105. O'Donnell is sueing them because of their name. How stupid is that.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*retch*

------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying."
Woody Allen

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, conditionally. I assume that the station is not actually using her full name, voice, or likeness.

In that case she doesn't have a case, as "Rosie" could just as easily apply to Roseanne, or someone named Rose, or Rosie, the Robot from "The Jetsons."

On the other hand, if they WERE using her fame without permission, to try to increase their ratings, they should be taken to task for it.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
However, if they're using her name to make fun of her, as a public figure, she has no defense but to ignore it. By not ignoring it, the radio station gets free publicity and Rosie O'Donnell looks like an idiot.

Which, of course, gives the radio station even more material to work with.

------------------
"Against stupidity the very gods
Themselves contend in vain."
--FRIEDRICH VON SCHILLER
Come Hither and Yawn...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, if people insist on calling their kids "105" then you are going to get problems like this...

------------------
"Sorry Wendy, I just can't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Mr Garrison

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps