Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Intelligence agencys (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Intelligence agencys
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CSIS- Canadian Security Intelligence Service.

For the uninformed........

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I plan on applying there after University.

But they'll be testing my French. Damn.

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited March 16, 2000).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, considering it's an intelligence agency, they're probably weeding out all the people who speak French.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"This spontaneous stuff takes a little bit of planning." - John Flansburgh

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mwahaa.

Why is this in the Flameboard? And isn't it 'Agencies'?

------------------
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DIA - Defense Intelligence Agency.

Even more covert than CIA, I hear.

------------------
"If a nail is driven into the wrong place, it would be foolish indeed to become angry with the hammer." - Old Russian Proverb

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God knows how many intelligence agencies the yanks have.

Anyhoo one agency I know of that's pretty much totally 'secret' is RAW. The "Research and Analysis Wing" is a set of agents that operate under the direct orders of and report on to the most senior members of the Indian government. As I understand it there is no formalised agency. Agents are just given orders, either directly from the PM or military and they carry them out. I'm not sure (obiviously) of the inner workings of the system, but they get the job done. So they say.... *L*

------------------
"Blind faith is the crutch of fools"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, are we just talking about intelligence agencies that report to one branch or another of a government?

Forget what I said about the CAD, then.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Bishop
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that was fun, thanks for welcoming me to the board and sorry if I miss spelled anything it was late(for me at least)
IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear the Illuminati have a pretty efficient black ops sec

------------------
"What did it mean to fly? A tremor in your soul. To resist the dull insistance of gravity."
--
Camper Van Beethoven

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So we have problems with people poublishing lists of spies on the net, blabbing in the papers, cocking things up spectacularly, but.... hey!

MI6 has James Bond!

------------------
"O-PEN FIRE!!!"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Illuminati don't really exist, for those gullible people who aren't aware that Sol's joking.

And I've been with the Masons long enough to know that they're less dangerous than my late grandmother was when she was "right annoyed."

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to say the IMF is pretty good too.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Illuminati don't really exist, for those gullible people who aren't aware that Sol's joking.

And you'll go right on telling us that as long as you want to remain in good standing with the Masons!

I hear the Boy Scouts of America have a *Mmmmmph!*

*Crash!*

*Tinkle!*

*Thud!*

*WHACK!* *WHACK!* *WHACK!* *WHACK!* *WHACK!*

[silence]

That'll be enough o' THAT, boy-o!

------------------
"Lassie, her ears pricked up!"
--Atoth the Tamarian [From "Star Trek: Door Repair Guy"]
http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll second Jeff Raven's comment that the DIA gets short changed when this topic comes up, precisely because no one thinks of it. I also read the Israeli version of the DIA is similarly overlooked.

I heard recently there is an amalgam agency composed of top CIA and NSA personnel whose jobs it is to actively go gather SIGINT (as opposed to the two formers' tendency for passive readings) combining the operations and infiltration proficiencies of the CIA and the technical expertise of the NSA. Obviously it is quite classified and denied to exist.

------------------
"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Tao to survivial or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed."

"...attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War, 6th century B.C.E.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps