Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » A Public Apology to someone you don't know.....

Author Topic: A Public Apology to someone you don't know.....
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*sighs*

Well, I don't know where to begin. Alright, here goes.

You guys remember the following link, right? http://flare.solareclipse.net/Forum3/HTML/001113.html

Well, I won't say when and I won't say how, but my girlfriend saw this and, well, to put it simply, she got upset. Admittedly, most of the things that I said in that thread were mostly my interpretations that were greatly exaggerated. And for that, I'm terribly ashamed of doing so, and I apologize not only to her, but also to the Forumites as well, as those things said may have damaged her reputation, even though none of you have met her.

For the record, I wish to retract every single one of those arguments. As well, I'd like to say some things about her that you are supposed to know about.

To start things off, she is a very moral and a very neutral person. Most of these things said in that thread have probably cast her in a more "biased" light. I will take the time to say that she is a very unbiased person, who is in favour of equality for all people.

She is not one who makes judgements unless she has adequate evidence to do so. And even with evidence, she considers each argument before coming to a conclusion. I am a person who admittedly jumps to conclusions on many occaissions, and that has gotten me in some trouble over the years with the people I associate with (as evidenced by what has happened here). She is also one who rarely acts on impulse, whereas I myself, well, given the present circumstances, you get the picture.

You may not believe it, but she has one of the highest moral standards I have ever seen. To slight that standard has not only hurt her, but has hurt me as well. I feel terribly ashamed for my actions. Though she has somewhat forgiven me, I have come here to set the record straight. Hopefully, I have.

I will not return to this thread. You may make any kind of reply that you want. I do have several requests: first, please only talk about what I have said here. Do not refer to the thread provided by the link. Secondly, please DO NOT contact me to give me hell or give me credit. I would rather stew in my own personal problems than have someone possibly making my mood worse. You may say whatever you want to this thread, you may talk about it to your fellow forumites, but do not talk about this to me. You may say that "Eric is a F*&king moron" and the such, but do not say that to me as well. Keep in mind that I will be forwarding this thread to my girlfriend, so please watch your mouth (or your fingers for that matter).

One request: Charles, TSN, or Daryus, please go to the thread provided and lock it, so that no further replies are made.

I will take a few days hiatus while I ponder this situation. Please do not disturb me at this time.

Thank you for reading this.

Eric Chow.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be pretty worked up. Take it easy Your girlfriend may want to chill out a bit as well...;0 There's nothing I can see there that makes you look like a bastard or would really justify locking the thread.(Or, if I were your girlfriend there's nothing there that would upset me ) The only thing that may have upset her is not what you said, but the fact that you aired it in public? (Just a theory).

If you still want it locked, email me and point out the particular bit that bothers you so much.
[email protected]

------------------
"Blind faith is the crutch of fools"

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps