Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Apple Sucks

Author Topic: Apple Sucks
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what I *really* *really* hate about Apple? They make it almost impossible to download quicktime trailers.

I hate the quicktime plugin. Its far too slow. It causes netscape to crash.

I want the @)(#@%# Lord of the Rings trailer on my comp so I don't have to download it every single time! I've tried everything to get it, but quicktime has made it impossible.

Apple can blow me.

:PPPP

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond, UB Student

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indignation, party of one, your table is ready.

------------------
Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whoever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.
~C. Montgomery Burns

And be sure to visit The Field Marshal project http://fieldmarshal.virtualave.net/

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give more memory to Netscape and save the trailer to your drive (you PC types can right-click). :P

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"People don't mind if you speak a subset of a natural language, especially if you are a child or a foreigner. (Except in Paris, of course.)" - Larry Wall

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay :P Let me rant!!!

Frank- This is now its set up. The link on the webpage lets you download a movie called "click2full.mov". You can play it from where it is or you can download it. I did the latter, and it played as a banner that says Click to Play Movie.

I do that, and it downloads from the site and tries to spawn quicktime...but doesn't save it.

I have the movie now, someone gave it to me. Dunno how he got it though

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond, UB Student

[This message has been edited by Jeff Raven (edited April 08, 2000).]

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems there is something wrong with Quicktime 4. The audio is out fo sync with the video. I usually play the videos with Windows Media Player because of this. Is there a new version yet?

------------------
"Contact in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... more or less."
-Tal Celes "Good Shepard" http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/7647/

[This message has been edited by Commander Paris (edited April 08, 2000).]

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't Quicktime an Apple player??? That's bad.

------------------
Well I'm a Bada$$ cowboy living in a cowboy day wicky-wicky-wak yo yo bang bang
me and Artemus Clydefrog go save Selma Hayek from the big metal spider
Wicky-wicky-wak wicky-wicky-wicky-wak
Bada$$ cowboy from the West Si-yiide

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have given up downloading Quicktime movies.

I just installed Quicktime 4 a few weeks ago, and since then several movies keep telling me I don't have the latest version. Even worse, I can't play the Photoshop learning program. It refuses to install because I allegedly don't have Quicktime. Not that I would ever learn Photoshop anyway.

Windows + Adobe + Apple = Evil.

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For you IMac Lovers out there!!

IMac Review By Jay!!

------------------
-There can be only Nine !! ..mmm.. maybe 10 !!

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax:

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I disavow all knowledge of that!

------------------
Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whoever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.
~C. Montgomery Burns

And be sure to visit The Field Marshal project http://fieldmarshal.virtualave.net/

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

LMAO - That is hilarious....just don't let Frank see it... heheheh

------------------
"No children have ever meddled with the Republican Party and have lived to tell about it." Sideshow Bob

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps