Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » REPLY to Tora's msg: "I just can't stand it anymore"

Author Topic: REPLY to Tora's msg: "I just can't stand it anymore"
Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tora,

I feel you pain, believe me. Only for me it is on my Mom's side of the family.

My Dad died seven years ago. Since then, my mom has gone somewhat insane. She has tried to force me into the mold of her side of the family. Whenever I try to do something that is normal to Dad's side, I (metaphorically speaking) end up with a Legion of Caesar's finest chasing me half way across Nebraska.

For example, let me tell you about my aunt (Ma's sister-in-law). Last Thanksgiving, I smelled Grandma pulling the turkey out of her oven. Following something my Dad and I had done for years, and something I still do, I went into the kitchen to see my dinner, as well as to "pick off" a little bit of stuffing. My aunt threw a fit, just because I tried to walk into the kitchen, I broke off of the fight that nearly insued.

That isn't her limit. Last December, while watching a Husker game on TV at Grandma's, Mom and my aunt (Grandma may have said a few things too) were talking about various stuff. I mentioned to Mom something that I wanted for Christmas, a Hank Aaron autographed baseball hat. My aunt, being her bit(hy self, screamed at me, "What do you need it for? It isn't any use to you."
I am a baseball fan, we collect stuff, what the he!! did she think I wanted it for?

Same day, same football game, she and my mom were talking how my Dad would save EVERYTHING. I said it was smart, because you never know if anything will be of any value until you throw it away. Auntie decided, while sitting less then two feet away from me, to INSULT my Dad. That is one line you don't cross with me (I almost beat someone in my Geometry class my sophmore year for doing something similar). I restrained myself from saying or doing anything until she left. I pulled Grandma aside, and finally let loose (rather loud, too). I told Granny, that if my Aunt ever did that again, I would either beat the tar out of her or kill her (I don't remember which I said, probably both). My Grandma calmed me down, and I sat down to watch the end of the game. My Uncle came up to me, and threatened me that if I ever disrespected his wife again, I would have to answer to him. That is when I ran out of the house, screaming at the top of my lungs, that I would no longer tolerate anyone disrespecting my Dad. I went to fine Ma, and told her what happened.

I don't get my uncle, though. He was right there when my aunt did her thing. God bless Grandma though.......

These things aren't the end of it. Earlier this year, there was a death on Dad's side of the family, my Aunt Carol's (Dad's sister) husband (my uncle Jeff). She has since moved, and we do not have her address. I graduate high school in exactly one week (May 21), and whether or not she can come, I want to send her the announcement thing with my picture in it. My Mom isn't budgeing on calling people who might have it.

You see, my Mom and her side of the family (with the SOLE exception of my Grandma, my cousins, and a couple of others) have tried to cut me off from Dad's side of the family and force me to conform to their standards.

Maybe Mom is losing it. My Doctor says that a couple of moles I have on my back need to come off. Doc said this last January. Mom isn't budgeing on scheduling the thing. There is a possibility that I might have skin cancer, and Ma doesn't seem to care. The only things Mom usually seems to care about is how she looks, and money.

Oh well, I look foward to the short break I'll have from them when I go to the state Track meet this week...

------------------
Brandon "Enterprise" Grasmick
Commanding Officer, USS Sovereign (NCC-74222)

"Captain, the Sona crew are willing to negotiate a cease fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have 3 minutes of air left."
-- Worf

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
-- In time of war the law falls silent.

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*eyes pop out and hit screen*

You MAY have skin cancer!?!

What the fuck does she think she is doing? jesus Christ, Ent, I would have gone apeshit already and lashed out.
Congrats for keeping it together for so long.

Are you living away from home, Enterprise? If not, I'd make plans. That health issue is beyond a joke.

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brando, ditch your ma and her "friend" and come live with me up here. You'll have a much better time. Any mother who doesn't assist in remedying a health problem that their child may have has a serious malfunction going on...

------------------
"Keep on Trekking"
-D. Kelly

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truely you should think about getting out of there. I haven't taken nearly enough psy classes to even begin to determine what your mom's problem may be, but she definitly has one. Get clear before she really loses it.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I can summerize her problem in two words:

"Alzheimers"

and

"Disease"

------------------

"Captain, the Sona crew are willing to negotiate a cease fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have 3 minutes of air left."
-- Worf

Enterprise
Member # 48

Gaseous,

First, why does that sound like a Roman name?

I still live at home, I don't graduate high school for 6 days. I'll probably still live here when I go to college, because it would save the room and board fees...

That and I have Ma's charge card for the gas station.

------------------

-- Worf

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a second there I didn't have a clue about what you were on about - either it was something I said, or something First of Two had said (and he hasn't even contributed to this!).

Then it clicked.
You've seen 'Gladiator' lately, didn't you?

Why don't you go work somewhere away from home for te summer, like with
a) friends, or
b) sane relatives far away.

There are always possibilities.

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps