Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Co-ed dorms.................... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Co-ed dorms....................
David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At Mary Washington College where I was an RA for three years, we had single-sex dorms, alternating floors, and a few floors of alternating suites by sex. One year I was in an alternating floor one (which could have been bad since men are geerally more destructive when it's just them around), and my last two years on floors with both sexes. My own expereince was that when they lve together and have some minor degree of maturity, mixed floors are a better way to prepare college students for the real world relationships and proximity they will face. However, so many other factors are involved in that outcome, you can't judge how someone will turn out based only on that one aspect.

------------------
"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Tao to survivial or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed."

"...attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War, 6th century B.C.E.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why's the fac that men are "more mature" when sharing with women a good thing anyway? And why's it good that it prepares you for the real world?

Uni isn't about preparing for the real world. It's about about having the perks of being a kid and an adult at the same time. You don't ahve parents around. You can get pissed, shag till your bits fall off, play golf in the kitchen, and not care, because you'll be out of there in a year.

At uni, you should sit back and enjoy your life. After all, once you've finished, it's 9-5 for the next 40 years,

------------------
"A fully functioning, cybernetic, technologically advanced team of superheroes... and NOBODY'S got a flashlight?"
- Polly Ester; Samurai Pizza Cats

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...I'm trying to avoid the all male college dorms when I go to college next fall. It would become boring being surrounded by men all the time... well not really. But who would I talk to about fashion, show business, and guys?

------------------
Cigar Girl- "Would you like to check my figures?"

James Bond- "I'm sure that they are very well rounded..."

The World is Not Enough

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you'll have no luck throwing dinner parties either.

------------------
"A fully functioning, cybernetic, technologically advanced team of superheroes... and NOBODY'S got a flashlight?"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I'm in an all male dorm, I wouldn't be throwing a dinner party. It would be another kind of party with lots of alcohol...

------------------

The World is Not Enough

[This message has been edited by Michael_T (edited June 30, 2000).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah.

A Tupperware party.

------------------
But the dead only quickly decay. They don't go about being born and reborn and rising and falling like souffle. The dead only quickly decay.
--
Gothic Archies
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! For the love of God, Montressor!

[This message has been edited by Sol System (edited June 30, 2000).]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

No Sol, why would I throw a Tupperware party with guys?

------------------

The World is Not Enough

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Because if you're in an all-male dorm, you can't throw a tupperware party with girls, can you?

Duh.

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps