Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Dead people

Author Topic: Dead people
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish there was a site that would email you when your friends die. That way you wouldn't be as surprised when someone tells you in person. People could make a profile and they could have their own buddy list. And when the person dies, everyone on their buddy list gets an email saying their buddy died. It could be called waitingtodie.com or something similar.

------------------
The Great Earth Serpent

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The truth here is that if one of our own may have kicked the bucket some time ago, we may never know about it. We may say, "real life problems, too busy to come to the forums".....

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited August 24, 2000).]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cut it out!

I am not dead! Watch:

*Inhales*
    *Exhales*

Still breathin'! [Sheesh!]

~~Baloo

------------------
I got tired of the old sig but don't have a new one yet.
Be patient.

http://www.geocities.com/cyrano_jones.geo/

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*checks pulse*

Yeah, but this one may be a vegetable.

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A super Sayin vegetable? Oh, never mind.

One problem is how this site is suppossed to know when your friends die. They can't e-mail them and say "Sorry, kicked the bucket last week. Tell all my mates. I'd e-mail them myself, but God had only allows one e-mail before acendence. Drag, isn't it? See ya."

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you have to check in and say "yes I'm alive, don't tell anyone I croaked!" every week or so?

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just hope you're not gone on a two week vacation and forget to set the "e-mail timer" or whatever ...

"Duuuude ... it's So-and-So's GHOST posting on Flare!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

------------------
You wouldn't understand ... it's a Jeep thing

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aaand I killed my darling. Think I'll go vomit in the OL instead.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps