Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » People's Republic of Canada? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: People's Republic of Canada?
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Race?
Car Race?
Rat Race?
Human Race?
We call butterflies not by their species name, but by a general butterfly. What makes humans any different?

------------------
Blantant advertisement goes here

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hebrews seem to have changed in appearance. Seems to me back in the prime of the Industrial Revolution they had red hair and during WWII they had blond hair.

------------------
"Incest! A game the whole family can play!"
-Jonah Rapp

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since there's no appreciable genetic variation between the Israeli people and those of the surrounding nations, 'race' is probably highly innacurate. It's a religious difference only. You put a native Israeli, Lebanese, and Jordanian in a lineup and I'll bet it'd be hard to tell them apart. the interbreeding, whether its admitted to or not, is millennia old, and still continues. So there.

And as for butterflies... some of us CAN tell a Papilo glaucus (Tiger Swallowtail) from a Danaus plexippus (Monarch).

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee Fabrux, I didn't know you were around back during the Industrial Revolution... Wow, you must be old! ;-)

------------------
Intelligence, Integrity, Responsibility.
Vote Bush/Cheney 2000

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I wasn't, but I gathered that from reading Oliver Twist

------------------
-Jonah Rapp

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fabrux -- honestly now, do you wear a long coat to conceal a sword?

------------------
Since I was a young boy, I played the silver ball. From Soho down to Dryton, I must have played them all.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My color vision causes me a few problems with some kinds of identifications, and I figured butterflies are a creature with good color variation.

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got one of them types of colorblindness?
Me too.

Apparently, mine is a difficulty in distinguishing between certain similar wavelengths of light... sometimes. My Opthamologist was puzzled by it. I can tell MOST colors, but some blues look green, some greens look grey, etc.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Me conceal a sword? No...

Oh, and I'm colourblind, too. With dark colours. Or so the doc says. *shrug*

------------------
-Jonah Rapp

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

They, researchers, say that 88% of men and 12% of women are colorblind to varying degrees. Should've seen me dress myself as a kid..... it was awful, or so I'm told..... I didn't see anything wrong....

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps