Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » No, Yugoslavia is NOT GOING TO BE BETTER!

Author Topic: No, Yugoslavia is NOT GOING TO BE BETTER!
Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I first wanted to post this in Officer's Lounge, but on second thought, it was more like Flameboard stuff...

------------------

OK, most of you should have noticed that Milosevic has finally vanished at Yugoslavia's presidential seat. Everybody in the world is happy now - "Democracy prevails!", "The Nationalist is gone", "Yugoslavia finally has a president to be respected", etc. They'll even cancel the economic sanctions against Yugoslavia.

But things WON'T GET BETTER there! Nobody in the media (TV, newspapers) seems to acknowledge the fact that Yugoslavia's new president is NOT better than Milosevic. Mr. Kostunica is still a typical Serbian nationalist, hating the NATO alliance, and he refuses to deliver Milosevic to the Yugoslavian war crimes tribunal in The Hague.

So, everybody in the world, stop singing Hosannah about Yugoslavia's new president, and start thinking.
Granted, the guy is elected democratically, but that doesn't make him a good man, neither should he be the reason that Yugoslavia will be re-accepted in the international community.

------------------
"And as we all know, a mesolytic quantumvector resonator is commonly
used to polarize isogravitic plasma-flux manifolds."

Starfleet Academy's Redshirt Guide to the Starfleet, 62nd edition,

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Mr. Kostunica has himself suggested that there be another election next year, so perhaps he just wanted to get rid of Milosevic and let a democratic system get properly started.

------------------
"Sweetness, sweetness I was only joking
When I said I'd like to smash every tooth
In your head"
Bigmouth Strikes Again- The Smiths

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait and see how he reacts to Montenegro's coming push for independence.

As to the 'nationalist' charge, well, that's the difference between 'nationalist' and 'ultranationalist,' which is what Milosevich was.

As to opposing NATO... well, when a group of people are bombing the shit out of your country, it's fairly natural to oppose that.

What you need to ask yourself is what he opposed that Milosevich was in favor of, and vice versa. Then, things will begin to come out. If this guy starts following the same path that Sloppydan did, the people are going to see that again, which much the same result. He knows this, don't you think?

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps