Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Older Women & Younger Men......What's the Big Deal?

Author Topic: Older Women & Younger Men......What's the Big Deal?
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been watching a movie on CBS about an older woman dating a younger man and wondered what's the big deal about it? Older men date and bed younger women, so why can't older women sleep with or date or marry a younger man?

------------------
So why don't we make a little room in my BMW babe
Searching for some peace of mind
Hey I'll help you find it
I do believe that we are practicing the same religion
- from the song "Fastlove"

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cultural Taboo.

------------------
Intelligence, Integrity, Responsibility.
Vote Bush/Cheney 2000

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently not one so great they couldn't make a TV movie out of it. What next, threads about the curious longevity of Valerie Bertinelli?

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three Words:

NO

BIG

DEAL!!!

At least in my eyes, that is.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as someone who did fall in love with an older woman online, lets just say get a good look at her first, or she might turn out to look like your mom.

------------------
Intelligence, Integrity, Responsibility.
Vote Bush/Cheney 2000

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And don't get involved with older teacher whereas you get bad grades if you break up.

------------------
Don't forget, I faked all the orgasms.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much difference between the ages of the participants must there be before a relationship is considered Older/Younger?

My current gf is 8 years older than I am. In fact, most of my gf's have been older than I was. I don't see a problem with this. I just chalked it up to my having matured more, intellectually, than my contemporaries. It helps that I'm more attracted to intellect and humor than T&A.

I remember we took cutesy little 'compatibility tests' in high school, and I, as a freshman, rated more highly with the senior girls than even most of the senior boys did. Weird, considering how introverted and socially inept I was at the time.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, this depends upon how old you mean by "older", but here's one theory... It could be one of those things that dates back to the days when havinf children was important. If an older man went to bed w/ a younger woman, they could still have kids. But older women were less likely to do so, so a younger man who had a relationship w/ an older woman would have been... erm... "wasting his seed" or some such...

Just a thought. It could also be because most guys are mainly concerned w/ looks, and therefore aren't attracted to older women, whereas women are more likely to look for other traits in a man than physical attractiveness. And then, of course, there are exceptions. So don't yell at me about these being stereotypical descriptions. :-)

------------------
Teal'c: "I am a traitor to no-one."
Jaffa woman: "Except your god!"
Teal'c: "False god! Dead false god..."
-Stargate: SG-1, "Into the Fire"

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not a big deal.

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, going out with an older women makes it less likely that you'll pick one that looks like your mother. It's when you get 'em while they're fresh, that's the problem. Sure, they start of with all their bits pointing up (or at least forward), but give it a few years, and then you'll be sitting there about to leave for work, your wife will kiss you goodbye, then spit on a tissue and wipe some dirt from your face.

At that point, you have no option to run for the hills. Or at least get her to make you a packed-lunch.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now THAT's something Kramer would say.
Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to mention my g/f is older than me, by about 2 years.

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there's no big deal, as long as you are genuinely attracted to her.

Jeff Raven: LMAO!

Aside: I just realised that ye use "gf" to stand for girlfriend, and not Guardian Force! And there I was, thinking I was among fellow Final Fantasy fans.

------------------
"Unleash the armageddon,
So all the children go to heaven"

"Blue Skies Bring Tears"-The Smashing Pumpkins.

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"She left me, guys. I mean, she really left me!"

"What?"
"You're kidding, dude!"
"Yo quiera ho?"
"Tae'Ensa detrun asantai pyfrem? Wre'be destug!??!"

"Yeah, guys. What Fer'iurd said. With the car."

"Jesus."
"That's shitty, dude."
"Yo quiera ho?"
"_yert_fe."

"I even tried Draw and heaping Materia on her, but her HP just eveporated when those oil creatures attacked."

*silence*

"Yo quiera ho?"

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I do like Final Fantasy (I havne't got to VIII yet. I've done V, VII, and am working through Tactics at the moment), but isn't VIII suppossed to be a little bit pants?

And if you made that mistake, are there people wandering around thinking that Ifrit's their girlfriend? And do you need protection for a heavy nights junctioning?

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps