Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Why couldn't Ralph...

Author Topic: Why couldn't Ralph...
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
debate? It seems to me like Nader is the only candidate running who actually has ANY business at all running, and he was left out of the debates.

Is it because of his lack of big business funding? The fact he isn't a cappy puppet, with friends in high places on the row? The fact he uses a single mid-size sedan and only one attendee while on campaign trips? That he can't afford a motorcade, or private jet?

I don't think any of you are actually care about the future state of your country. Your loyalties seem to be more about party lines than bettering the country.

"Oh look, he's a Republican. I'm a republican. I'm voting for him."

If in the next election, a banana gets the republican vote, I'm sure many would vote for the sweet, sweet yellow fruit, simply because it's a donkey. Or elephant. Or possum. I don't care.

I just hope Jesse Ventura, Warren Beatty or Donald Trump run in the next election. At least the commercials that interrupt 'Norm' would be entertaining.

Vote Saskatchewan Seperatist party in 2000.

------------------
"Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."
- Tiger Woods

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't vote for Gore or Bush (or Nader)...

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Gardening for Dummies is too intense." - Rick

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Participation in the debates, which are organized by a private company I believe, are dependant upon the candidate having a certain percentage of the vote in a number of independant polls. (I believe.) It isn't always the most fair system, but there has to be some way to limit it to "serious" candidates. I'm sure we'd all love to see candidate Gene Ray of the Greatest Thinker Party debate Gore on the issue of word murder, but it doesn't make for very intelligent, or intelligible, discourse.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know....Jimmy Fallon doing a killer Gene Ray on SNL turns me on.

------------------
Equality, Cooperation & Benevolence.

Vote Communist Party of America 2000.

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ultra, why do you feel that I should vote for the communist party?

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It isn't always the most fair system, but there has to be some way to limit it to "serious" candidates."

At this point, let us pause to reflect on one of Britain's greatest politicans, the late Screaming Lord Such, founder and head of the Monstor Raving Loony Party. They always had my vote.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weren't they the ones that proposed towing the island into the Mediteranian to improve the climate?

------------------
Pilot: You're sure they were Americans, eh?
Fraser: They were all wearing new boots, they were driving a Jeep Wrangler, and they carried big guns.
Pilot: Americans it is.
- "due South"

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I don't think any of you are actually care about the future state of your country. Your loyalties seem to be more about party lines than bettering the country."

Actually, I hadn't become a true Republican until last year. And to be honest, I think Bush will actually do a better job of "bettering the country," as you say.

Commenting on Sol: There are several hundred candidates running for president. Take a look here:
http://www.politics1.com/p2000.htm

Also, since it was a private company that set up the debates, they can decide who gets to be in the debate and who doesn't... Not much Nader of Buchanan can do about it. However, I'll admit that 15% of the poll vote is a bit steep for 3rd parties to get in. 5% would have been more fair.

------------------
Intelligence, Integrity, Responsibility.
Vote Bush/Cheney 2000

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of the write-ins are actually quite humorous... You might even find Gene Ray in there too heheh

------------------
Intelligence, Integrity, Responsibility.
Vote Bush/Cheney 2000

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Party Lines? I'm a registered Democrat, believe it or not. Registered way back in college.

Yeah, really. Believe it or not, I voted for Clinton, first term.

But I'm much better now that I'm sane, and much more informed.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here I was, expecting a thread about Ralph Wiggum.

Ooh! There's a perfect candidate right there! Ralph "I bent my Wookiee" Wiggum!

------------------
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend."
-Yasir Arafat on religious wars

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's more horrendous is that Ralph Nader had a ticket to see the Gore-Bush debate, and the state troopers chased him out. Twice.

------------------
"The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."
--Albert Eistein

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega: Yup. Personally, after putting up with almost two months of continous rain (and Manchester's suppossed to be worse than this? *shudder*), I'm all for taking the island on a little trip.

BTW, "I bent my wookie" is one of the all time greatest Simpson lines ever. It's what I'm having on my gravestone.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps