Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The Modern U.S. Military (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Modern U.S. Military
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what weapons will be used to fight the next war. But, considering the options likely available in the future, I hope to be far, far away from the planet when it's fought.

"This button releases the nanos that consume the neurons of the enemy and excrete new ones with preprogrammed thought patterns."

------------------
What did it mean to you
An early chat with death
To pull your body for a moment from your soul
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About four years ago a portable rifle-unit (kinda like Akira) was presented that used a very strong flash, capable of blinding 500 people at a time, for the rest of their lives... Kinda mean, I think.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The exploding rounds for the AK-47s were scary enough.

------------------
Well, it's done, yes, the deed is done.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I'd like to see is a sniper rifle that's shaped like

=============
| |
=5===

Just hook a periscope onto the thing, and you'd be able to snipe without exposing yourself.

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, anyone using a sniper rifle would already be well hidden, I would imagine ...

They've got something like that ... an M-16 with a camera attached to it, that a soldier can view using some sort of HUD in his helmet. He can just point the M-16 around the corner of a building and aim with the HUD, keeping most of his person out of harm's way ...

It's not in the field yet, but the History Channel did a special on the future of weapons, and thats one that is being currently developed ... it looks really bulky, though, so ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Rated 7 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited November 30, 2000).]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything UM says is true.

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 words:

Monkey assassins...

just invite your enemies to your local zoo, and loose the monkeys on them. ooh, the carnage...

------------------
"Life sucks, then you die"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

STOP PRESS

Dateline: Canuckistan

The Coozebanian ambassador to Canuckistan was assassinated by a "Mister Bibbles," reportedly an agent working for the PLA (Primate Liberation Association).

Dozens of horrified witnesses gaped as Mister Bibbles flung his own excrement with deadly accuracy, fatally wounding the ambassador.

A bystander was heard to exclaim "EEK! AAK! OOK-OOOOOK!"

Canuckistan officials had no comment.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited November 30, 2000).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps