Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Okey then, let me rethink that (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Okey then, let me rethink that
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say what I'd normally say, but it'd just piss off certain people.

Needless to say, I don't agree with Omega.

------------------
"Uh, Cody, what has the Mullah of Cappistan been smoking?"
"MILKSHAKES. I HAVE BEEN SMOKING MILKSHAKES!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linnell would so lay the smackdown on you for that claim, Frank.

------------------
"I finally see that what we thought was a fun way to celebrate our love was really an expression of hostility and disrespect toward Jesus."
--
Bill Metz, in The Onion
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles, you said that wonderfully. I concur.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited December 09, 2000).]

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to be political about this, I am going to agree with everybody.... and nobody

------------------
Well, it's done, yes, the deed is done.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, the battle cry of the moderate.

"Give me liberty, or give me... whatever would be mutually acceptable and agreeable under a bipartisan plan."

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like moderates.

They'll actually listen to an argument, unlike the rest of us who remain firmly entrenched on one side of the issue or the other, and refuse to bend.

Of course, if Jean-Luc Picard was a moderate:

"The line must be drawn -- here! This far, no farther! Okay, we'll draw it here ... no, how about here? Look, we'll draw it here, and here it stays!"

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's more the fault of the Florida legislature because it's within their perview to have a statewide single voting system and they haven't one.

So, lay fault where it belongs and not with people seeking redress with court system.

And by the way, when one speaks of a supreme court it should be Court.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I think we should give Florida to Cuba ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean SOUTHERN Florida, Jeff. As in Miami and everything else south.

Quatre.

------------------
"Omae o korusu..." - Heero Yuy

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'll let you draw the new maps, Quatre

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll take everything from Pensacola to...Ft. Walton Beach/Navarre Beach. Oh and I forgot. I'll take the Florida Space Coast. Which part do you want?

And if you don't want a piece of Florida, well either give it to Cuba or sink the rest.

Quatre.

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Just give me a city where a lot of college girls like to party for spring break. I'll be quite happy

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

Allright, fine. *hands you the keys to Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando*

Wait - is this constitutional? *L*

Quatre.

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'm sure the Founding Fathers wouldn't mind. Hey, Georgie, you and Tommy want those cute twins over there?

Yeah, they says it fine as long as I throw in a case of Sam Adams.

Now Sammy boy is mad -- guess he doesn't realize he has a beer named after him ... ::sheeesh!::

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't get rid of Florida.

Florida is the index finger of the United States. It points out towards the horizon, the future. It calls us towards our destinies. It points out the foolish and the weak for us to laugh at, and in doing so manage to forget for a time our own woeful inadequacies.

Florida is the throbbing member of North America. It plunges into the sea and inseminates the entire world with our culture and our films starring Will Smith.

Florida is a land of swamps and alligators and Disney. A land where age sits, rubbing its arms and complaining about the weather, the government, the kids these days and their spandex and peer to peer file sharing systems. A land where golf is played, and rockets launched, where lives begin and end.

We are all going to Florida, someday. Our future is waiting.

------------------
"I finally see that what we thought was a fun way to celebrate our love was really an expression of hostility and disrespect toward Jesus."
--
Bill Metz, in The Onion
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps