Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Slavery's New Face (in America) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Slavery's New Face (in America)
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if they have to touch a rat or something? You don't want that poor rodent to catch anything, do you?
(Er, the rat that is, not the slaver)

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited December 14, 2000).]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was actually going for a Michael Jackson reference. I thought of adding "and a red leather jacket with the sleaves rolled up", but I thought that would be too obvious.

Tsk, I try to give you all a little credit, and you through it back in my face. Well, that's it. I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE.

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw.

------------------
"Life end when you die. But imagination share with others, live forever."
--Quan, Final Fantasy IX

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor Liam...

Will a Tootsie Roll make you happy again?

Quatre.

------------------
"Omae o korusu..." - Heero Yuy

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd dress up like Mojo Jojo for free.

------------------
I have been floated to this spot this hour
On a series of events
I cannot explain
--
Olivia Tremor Control
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Read, read, read, read, read me now.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard stories about what you like to dress up as.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do I wanna know?

*thinks*

Nahhhhh....

Quatre

------------------
"Omae o korusu..." - Heero Yuy

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you mean, do you wanna know? He told you. He likes to dress up like Mojo Jojo.

Honestly people, try and keep up.

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what that is, and I stil don't know.
Sometimes being ignorant of what something is, can be a good thing.

------------------

Sacrificing small animals to the paper shredder gods.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Dear Mr. Benson: Actually, the Newsweek article slightly misquoted me. I said that U.S. Department of State concervatively estimates that 50,000 women and children are trafficked into the US per year, and that, if you assume that trafficking has been going on for some time now, that could mean that cumalatively in the last decade there could be as many as 750,000 to 1 million trafficked persons in the U.S.

Laura J. Lederer, JD
Director
The Protection Project
School of Advanced International Studies
John Hopkins University
1619 Massachussetts Avenue NW, #736
Washington, DC 20036
202-663-5897 (ph)
202-663-5898 (fax)
[email protected]

In response to an inquiry re: the 1,000,000 number.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier ... just as long as I'm the dictator." - George "Dubya" Bush, Dec 18, 2000

MsChris
Member # 445

- posted      Profile for MsChris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That makes perfect sense - and seems very possible. But when you look at it like that, who knows how many years it's been going on. Couldn't the number be larger?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, more than likely.

I recall there were similar cases reported in the UK. I'm only able to recall two or three instances, and I'm fairly certain that in all of them it involved a 'host' family that was foreign by race or origin. In some instances the worker was from the same country, or the same region.

------------------
Luke Ford: "What's it like having a dick in your ass?"

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MacLeans' recently did a cover article on the same problem in Canada.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

What is it with you and MacLeans?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier ... just as long as I'm the dictator." - George "Dubya" Bush, Dec 18, 2000

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the only Canadian magazine we get down here.
I just like to keep up on events to the North, to avoid being accused of being ignorant of our nearest neighbor.

That, plus I like to point out things like that when people imply that the US is the only country in the world with problems.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps