Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Well, I guess guns aren't your problem.. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Well, I guess guns aren't your problem..
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Klingons, of course, are much more fictional than most people.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't meet the same people I do.

Like the person who wanted be to help them with research for a school project, but didn't know what she needed to find out or do.

Or the guy who wanders around downstairs, talking to himself, rearranging magazines and books at random, and, when asked to not do that, replies to the HEAD Librarian, "You don't work here."

Or, for that matter, the little girl who had a half-hour hissy fit because the plastic cover to the VCR tape she rented wasn't blue like the last one.

People. Some of them, we could all do without.

------------------
"My knowledge and experience far exceeds your own, by, oh, about a BILLION times!" -- Q

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... Haven't encountered anyone like the second guy yet...

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I AM the second guy. And she DOESN'T work there.

------------------
"...screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!" - Omega.

Irony ensues.

Free Jeff K

brnoe
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The suspect is from a city like 30 miles away from me.. weird..

------------------
Bradley Noe
Administrator
Ganon Net Internet

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In an odd bit of Forum synchronicity, there's a job opening at the local library for an assistant in the children's section. Thanks to your stories, First, I have not applied.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I don't know those same people.

I'm quite fond of the guy who orders a pizza from work to be delivered to his home, then is mad when he finds out his order's been cancelled after I tried to deliver it and he wasn't home. "I wasn't home yet!" Tough shit, buddy.

Or the guy who took the pizza box from me, held it at an angle under his arm then complained that the pizza was messed up -- well, of course the pizza was messed up! What do you expect's going to happen when you hold the pizza box vertically? There's a reason you carry them flat.

The dude who wanted to pay for a $10 pie with a $100 bill holds a special place in my heart.

I am of course gratified by the pot smokers out there. I bring 'em $17.84 in pizza, they hand me a $50 and ask how much I want to give back. "Er, here's two bucks, enjoy!" There's nothing like a nearly thirty dollar tip to make your day.

Gotta love cops, too. "Do you know how fast you we...oh, hey, man. Nevermind, get back on the road."

HAH!

What was the topic?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Forum Member Who Shall Be Nameless. 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BAHAHAHA!!!!

Say what you want about Asian school system, they may be boring, we have to wear same stupid uniform, take tons of lashes from the teacher...

But at least I don't have to face sawed off shot gun, or blown up by home made pipe bombs or get gutted by machete, or get beat up because you walk in on some punk dealing junks in the parking lot, etc.

Like I said, considering their counter parts, Asian schools are alllllll good.

------------------
If a diamond is a woman's best friend, why does a man has to settle for a dog?

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The dude who wanted to pay for a $10 pie with a $100 bill holds a special place in my heart.

At least you didn't fall for the old $200 bill in payment for the $2 order trick!

------------------
"There's no such thing as legacies. At least, there is a legacy, but I'll never see it."
~ George W. Bush, Deer-In-The-Headlights of the United States

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, but I've only got $20-so in change, and he didn't want to give me a $70 tip, so I wound up waiting 10 minutes while he looked for his checkbook. See, this is one of the things we do to avoid carrying too much money to make us un-appealing to robbers. Unlike the mom-and-pop carryout places.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless people like Jeff. Stealing from the potheads is a lot of fun AND profitable! *L*

------------------
"Okashii na... namida ga nagareteru. Hitotsu mo kanashikunai no ni."
(That's funny... my tears are falling. And I'm not sad at all.) - Quatre Raberba Winner

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

It's not really stealing. I mean, they're consenting after all.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps