Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Internet Identity Theft (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Internet Identity Theft
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear that this new guy who ripped off a bunch of Hollywood's Liberal Elite in this latest scam was a busboy in New York.

I'm still waiting for them all to come out and plead that he not be prosecuted, since he was simply doing to them on his own what they want to do to US with taxes... redistributiuon of the rich folks' wealth to the poor. So he chose a more direct method.. so what?

Right?

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, neglecting that he went about it illegally ...

"Hollywood Liberal Elite." Wow. Who coined that term?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited March 22, 2001).]

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it was the Communist Elite, then I'd understand what you're saying.

But since I'm a liberal, and since I don't think that way (I'd prefer narrowing the gap between the rich and poor, but not obliterating it completely), I don't know what you're saying.

------------------
"Or maybe he was a real quack who got sick and tired of pissing people off, and decided to get a life and masterbate for the next 10 years."
- Me to Antagonist on Red Quacker, 03/08/01 20:15

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited March 22, 2001).]

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to beleive in narrowing the gap between the rich and the poor, but it was when I still belonged to the latter, now that I'm in the former, I say forget it, I like being rich. If a bus-boy decides to steal, the he should be punished, because rich people don't get where they are by having an easy job like a bus-boy, but they do it with education and hard work, if he decides to play Robin Hood he should pay the price.

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, if the Hollywood liberals were as liberal as they pretend to be, they wouldn't mostly live in multi-million dollar gated mansions with heavily-armed security, and wouldn't take eleventy-zillion dollars per picture and keep it all for themselves.

I don't see any of 'em saying "I wanna pay more taxes! I wanna do MY part to help out the lower class with all my vast estates! Come on in! TAKE MY MONEY AWAY!!!"

Entertainment? Yeah, entertainment, they like giving that to the lower class. Keeps 'em distracted. Who can think about their pocketbook when there's a good talk show / awards show / game show on?

No, they're just like the conservatives when it comes to their money. If it'll make them look good, they'll donate to charity, but otherwise, it's 'hands off my money, I'ma buy me some houses on both coasts and huge tracts of land in isolated countryside.'

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited March 22, 2001).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What bizarre traumas forced you into such a byzantine universe, First?

------------------
Not even a god can deny that I have squared the circle of a static Earth and cubed the Earth sphere by rotating it once to a dynamic Time or Life Cube.
--
Gene Ray
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" Or don't. You know, whatever.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

------------------
The negotiations have failed. Shoot him!
~ C. Montgomery Burns

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That came out more snarky than I had intended it to be.

------------------
Not even a god can deny that I have squared the circle of a static Earth and cubed the Earth sphere by rotating it once to a dynamic Time or Life Cube.
--
Gene Ray
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" Or don't. You know, whatever.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is snarky a word?

------------------
The negotiations have failed. Shoot him!
~ C. Montgomery Burns

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a difference between "liberal" and "communist", First. Not all liberals have to be communists -- they just have to pay more percent-wise taxes than the less-rich. Maybe you should learn that difference?

Speaking of which, you seem to have bought into the "left wing conspiracy" theory banted around by AM radio nuts. You sure all of 'em were liberal? Or are you just assuming that Democrat = liberal again? (Speaking of which, you're a registered Democrat, aren't you? You liberal!) And, for that matter, how do you know what these celebrities are registered as? Do you even have a good reason to assume they're either Democrats or liberals, or do you just make the assumption that Hollywood = Liberal scum?

No entry found for "snarky" in the dictionary.

Suggestions:

snaky
sparky
snarly
Snaky
Snary
snaky
snarly
snark

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited March 23, 2001).]

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JK: you took the words right out of my mouth....

------------------
"Or maybe he was a real quack who got sick and tired of pissing people off, and decided to get a life and masterbate for the next 10 years."
- Me to Antagonist on Red Quacker, 03/08/01 20:15

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Actually, I quit being a registered Demoncrat shortly after the election.

Conspiracy? No. Rampant stupidity, yes.

Hollywood follows the Liberal Cause-of-the-Week. You've got some of them supporting ALF (which 'releases' lab animals into environments they're not suited for, and which may carry diseases), ELF (those arsonists who want us all to live in hutches like hobbits), Gun Banning (not control, outright banning), Hard-Core environmentalism (without understanding anythng behind it), Free Mumia (a man guilty as sin, sorry), Pot (Thanks, Woody, we really need that), et cetera ad nauseum.

You can't say that they don't, with so many celebrities making arses of themselves in the news for such things all the time.

I'm not pointing out any conspiracy, I'm pointing out the hypocracy. I do the same with a group in my area, a bunch called the Hutterian Brethren, who live in an isolated commune up in the mountains, but come down every so often to march against the death penalty. And I'm sorry, but people who live in isolated, gated, utopian little communities shouldn't try to dictate polict to those of us who live in the REAL world.

Celebrities who support animal rights should be vegans who don't wear leather or fur or use ANY product made in any way from animals.. including gelatins. Environmentalists shouldn't live in large sprawling houses, or use any product the manufacture of which has any effect on the environment (which means.. ALL of them). Gun banners shouldn't have well-armed security crawling all over them. Being otherwise and still supporting these causes is hypocritical.

------------------

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited March 23, 2001).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Are you certain the specific people victimized by this person were democrats? If so, are you certain that they're liberal?

If I recall correctly, Oprah Winfrey was one of those people who were robbed by this person. Now, wait, she's not that woman who had Dubya on her show, is she? Gasp! That wouldn't be the show that started a rise in his popularity, would it? GASP! Please, Rob, please, show a link between the people victimized and their being Democrats. Then, show that they're liberal.

Liberalism is a vast net which encompases many special interest groups. Although I'm a liberal, I'm not particular interested in ALF or ELF one way or the other. The Mumia movement (another I don't agree with), wants a new trial -- not freedom outright. And the thing with Pot again, really, there's another thread devoted to drugs -- go look there, huh?

quote:
Celebrities who support animal rights should be vegans who don't wear leather or fur or use ANY product made in any way from animals.. including gelatins.

Although I'm not a celebrity, and I'm not a vast supporter of animal rights (I hold off that the watant abuse of animals is wrong, and the food-processing industry should be investigated for that; that pets should be neutered to keep the dog & cat population down; & that pet owners who abuse their pets should be tossed in jail), but I don't use geletins. I do have a leather coat, but since I'm also a big fan of a double quarter pounder with cheese and not a vegan, this isn't hipocracy.

quote:
Environmentalists shouldn't live in large sprawling houses,

Even when made of synthetic material? But again, I don't live in a large, sprawling house, I live in a tiny apartment. And enviornmentalism is more geared towards making sure that replinshment of the enviornment goes on. Look at Peru: chopping down so much of their rainforest for more farm-land because they fail to let their farmlands go "fallow" for a few years, thus rendering the land un-farmable and forcing them to cut down more rainforest for more farmland which they're going to fuck up the same damn way.

quote:
Gun banners shouldn't have well-armed security crawling all over them.

I would agree. But then again, there's a difference between the run of a mill "I just turned 21!" kid buying a gun and someone like a police officer or ex-military man knowing how to actually use a gun and being available for security reasons.

quote:
Being otherwise and still supporting these causes is hypocritical.

So in other words, the whole purpose of this thread was to bash liberals? How childish.

Heather's a friend of mine. She goes to JHU. Her dad's an investment banker in New York. Conservative guy -- blew a gasket when he saw my "Gore 2000" sticker on my Jeep. Church going, whole nine-yards. Yet, he offered to pay for Heather's abortion because "he didn't want some nigger bastard in the family" (oh, I should mention, she's a liberal, her b/f is black, and she refused to have an abortion -- he's 6 months old now -- but that didn't stop Daddy dearest the "god-fearing" conservative from pushing the money on her), his favorite saying is "bet you're glad you're not a nigger, 'cuz the klan is getting bigger", and ... did I mention he's a conservative? How hypocritical.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, First is pointing out that there are multitude of Hollywood people out there who are hypocritical. I'm sure we can name a long list of celebrities who fit the profile First gave. Here you can only find...one?

Secondly, he's talking about celebrities. Last I knew, you weren't famous for anything. I don't think delivering pizzas is enough to make you a celebrity.

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

*ahem*

a) If First can furnish proof that the celebrities involved actually are registered Democrats, that would be one thing. So far, he's just equating "celebrity" with "hollywood" and "liberal."

b) The point of the example I gave, is that just because someone calls themselves something does not mean that they are.

And when I sell my script to Star Trek: Enterprise, I'll be that much closer to fame ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps