Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Hypocrisy

Author Topic: Hypocrisy
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haw!!!!

Who still thinks I'm a "left wing loonie"?

------------------
"In a completely unrelated news story, I have a date tomorrow night."
- Omega, in trying to explain why pigs are now flying, why Microsoft products are now working perfectly, hell freezing over, and George W Bush giving a flawless speech. 04/06/01, 12:17AM

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited April 17, 2001).]

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So? That's not a lot.

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) This is Canada. Most Politicians make that same amount. And when they cause problems, all they can do is ask for a 42% raise, just like Ontario did.

2) Union Leaders are always against the politicians, battling them one way or the other. So they complain that Ontario's Politicians want to line their fat pockets with gold. They'd better get a reality check.

------------------
"In a completely unrelated news story, I have a date tomorrow night."
- Omega, in trying to explain why pigs are now flying, why Microsoft products are now working perfectly, hell freezing over, and George W Bush giving a flawless speech. 04/06/01, 12:17AM

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My browser said, and I quote, "Your browser sent a message this server could not understand.

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get a browser that's not shit.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe his browser is a little TOO advanced for this server to comprehend, I mean that IS what the message translates to.

Which browser is it? I want a version number as well.

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam is probably right, NS 4.7

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(For the benefit of those whose browsers won't load)

CUPE, CAW leaders among $100,000-plus club
Annual salary list includes 200 Ont. union officals earning over $100,000

From Canadian Press

The presidents of CUPE and CAW are among the more than 200 union and labour officials in Ontario earning more than $100,000 a year in salary and taxable benefits, the province's Tory government revealed today.

The Labour Ministry released a list of the biggest earners within Ontario unions and umbrella labour organizations, saying disclosure is the cornerstone of accountability.

Making such information public is an important part of the democratic process, Labour Minister Chris Stockwell said in a release.

''Employees who are represented by a union have a right to know how the union spends its members' dues,'' Stockwell said.

An amendment to the Labour Relations Act passed last December gave union leaders until April 1 to disclose the names, positions, salaries and taxable benefits of any trade union official or employee who was paid at least $100,000 in salary and taxable benefits in the previous year.

Out of nearly 550 submissions received, 30 unions reported that 213 employees or officials had earned $100,000 or more.

They include Judy Darcy, national president of the Canadian Union of Public Employees, who earned nearly $122,000 and Canadian Auto Workers president Buzz Hargrove, who earned nearly $140,000.

Ontario Nurses Association president Barb Wahl's salary was $112,000 and Earl Manners, president of the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation, brought in just under $105,000.

One of the top paycheques for a union leader in Ontario went to Robert Brown of the Sheet Metal Workers International Association. He took home nearly $162,000 in 2000.

The Labour Ministry website (at http://www.gov.on.ca/LAB/main.htm) contains a list of the employees.

Workers represented by trade unions can also request the information directly from their union by filing a request in writing. Unions must respond within 60 days.

The legislation covers officers and employees of trade unions, teachers' associations, fire, police and college sectors, public service unions and labour umbrella organizations.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps