Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » If you thought they're FU*K UP enough, you're WRONG!!

Author Topic: If you thought they're FU*K UP enough, you're WRONG!!
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://home-news.excite.ca/news/cp/010606/19/calls-for-quebec

I thought their morality has hit rock bottom, but I was obviously wrong!

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go cry under a rock! The 'becers have been bullshitting for a century, don't expect them to stop now.

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Jen- You again??!?! Listen kid, I'm not interested in you. Stop bothering me, I'm a lot older than you and I have a boyfriend. How did you find my ICQ number anyways?
Me- Oh, so just cuz you're a movie star now, and you're new album made millions, you think you're too good for me?
Jen- Yes!!! Get it thorough your head! I am a person, I am not Jennifer Lopez the hottest woman on earth that everyone wants to sleep with, I'm a person, leave me alone!!!
Me- Fine! Be that way!
Me- Jen.... Where'd you go.... I love you... please come back.... please....

TerraZ
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there we go again... *sigh*

First, not all Quebecers want sovereinty. About half the population wants it and that's the problem. Right now, half of Quebec is unhappy and even if Quebec got seperated from Canada with a majority of 50% + 1, there would still be the other half of the population unhappy. So in the end nobody wins.

I know I'm not for sovereinty. I think we cry and whine a bit much. There are surely lots of poeple in the world who would gradly come to live in Canada in our place. But I do think that we need more protection for French. While I'm sure Englilsh speakers don't really give a damn, our language is important to us and frankly, we're slowly but surely being assimilated by the ever-advancing English. Well, that's my opinion, I don't want to turn this into a flame war.

IP: Logged
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read in the paper a couple months ago that the 4 western provinces were talking about seperation from ottowa. B.C. alberta, saskatchewan(my home) and manitoba were talking about seperation cause of the "bloodsucking government" i think it was in march. but i guess it ended at talk. noone decided to back it up. now we got stockwell day. i don't even know what he's done to get people all riled up.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Western separatists = Rural right-wing loonies with single-digit poll support who are pissed off at urban and Central Canadian voters continually electing moderate-leaning governments.

There's about as much a chance of Suffolk separating from the UK as BC/Alta/Sask/Man leaving Canada. I mean, I can count the number of Canadians who'd support the WCC's policies on my hands and feet.

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps