Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Greenpeace and the CN Tower

Author Topic: Greenpeace and the CN Tower
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read in the paper that two Greenpeace nerds scaled the outside of the CN Tower and attached a huge sign saying "Bush and Canada: Climate Killers".

I think that they care more about getting attention, and people to sympathize with them than actualy saving the environment. Big cry-babies. "Save the Whales" "Save the rainforest" I'm all for preserving the whales and rainforests. but Greenpeace just goes around, wasting money on signs, and putting them on public buildings, and national icons, they should be using the money to buy parts of the rainforest around where farmers are expanding. so they have no where to go. or petitioning governments to make it illegal or some crap like that

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL. ok...Bush IS a climate killer, I won't deny that, *slips into a heavy southern hick accent* but Canada isn't nearly as bad as Mexico when it comes to climate killin' YEE HAW!!!!!!

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Bush and Canada: Climate Killers"

This is a very poorly written statement.

Bush and Canada
Bush is a man, not a country.

Climate Killers
Climate->Weather->Ecosystem

I fear that what Greenpeace needs most is educated and articulate speakers, not uneducated confused youngsters. If the individuals in this environmental organization are not educated in the differences between climate, weather, and ecosystem and their relationships, then Greenpeace is ruining its credibility and standing with pro-environment supporters.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, most of the educated and articulate speakers LEFT Greenpeace when they realized that many of their goals were false.

There are several ex-Greenpeace higher-ups who make the rounds now, having come over to the anti-Kyoto crowd.

Me, I just love that scene from "Armageddon."
Harry Stamper, to the Greenpeace protesters in their old diesel boat: "Don't you know how much FUEL that old clunker burns?"

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the solution to the rain forest destruction the day I say "Congo".

Just teach the resident primates how to use machine guns (machetes).

Charlton Heston can lead the way to protect their right to bear arms. (potential conflict of interest: "Those dirty apes will give up their guns when we can pry them from their cold dead fingers".

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What has this got to do with the Cartoon Network tower?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps