Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » If only Bush, Blair, Chretien, and every politician were like this. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If only Bush, Blair, Chretien, and every politician were like this.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's masturbate, Simon. I'd expect better from someone who is a common practitioner. What's next, mispelling "breathe"?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This discussion is about publicity. It is NOT about Clinton's impeachment. Frankly, I consider that matter to be water under the bridge. Point is, Clinton was involved in an incident that could have cost him his presidency. Bad press was circulated. Republicans try to shoot them down. Republicans lose. Clinton gets away with hardly a scratch and looking better than before. And Omega backed up my point.

In short, it was bad publicity, but Clinton turned it around in his favour. Besides, how often do you read about anything good about anyone anyways? I mean, you have a politician involved in another intern's dissappearance, you have a movie star constantly going back and forth in rehab, etc. etc.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the confusion here is over the term bad publicity.

Tahan's taking it to mean that someone has had bad news reported about them. The POV Jeff is taking is the one that assumes that even if bad news is being reported about someone, they are still being reported about, which means they are talked about, which means people are thinking about them. It tends to differ depending on how "in vogue" they are at that time. If Jennifer Aniston was reported to have taken Heroin and murdered a goat, for instance, it would be bad. If Greg Evigan, OTOH, announced that he had slept with a married man at Disney World, it could do wonders for his career.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell ya what... You elect me Dictator, and I'll do the Henry V thing every couple of months or so. It could be useful.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bored now.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah? Well, you're a big stupid head!

And Canadian!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look, if he was at least French, I could understand that ... but he's British!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam is, yes. But, since Simon was talking to Tom, you're rather wrong.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps