Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Lyrics censorship #-er-whatever

Author Topic: Lyrics censorship #-er-whatever
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Anyone heard all the versions of My Name Is (Slim shady) yet? They censored the word lesbians - as if homosexuals are filthy??!

GGRR. *yields claymore*

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's ok, in that Joan Osborne's song, What if God was one of us, they censored the word "slob".

------------------
Jeff Raven - Having more fun than any human being should be allowed to have

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that what that song is called? It sounds to me like he's saying "My name is Spamzini."

Damn distortion. Naah, I don't care for the song anyway. It's really repetitive. It's really repetitive.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I thought so too, but the lyrics are worth hearing. Fun puerile swearing. I like it :]

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also prefer the "Explicit Version" of My Name Is...
Far more amusing.

But the best I ever heard was the parody of ganster rap that was
"Uzi Luver" by Fur Q.

"F###, B##CH, F###B##CH, MUTHAF#####!!!
etc."

I think only Liam will have seen this.

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

[This message was edited by Montgomery on April 20, 1999.]

RW
Member # 27

Do they broadcast that MNI version in the US? (I wonder)

RW
Member # 27

My bro says he heard a version of Tupac's Changes in which they censored "should I BLAST myself"

It makes me wonder..just how many people kill themselves after hearing Tupac??!

After hearing the song I can understand why they shot Tupac, but that's different :]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps