Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Israel has opened a can of whoopass on Arafat! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Israel has opened a can of whoopass on Arafat!
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That may have been Barak. Sharon is far too.... crazed to even have the decency to offer "half the territory" for peace. Remember, Sharon is all for a undivided and unpartitioned Israel, and has basically opposed Barak's every attempt to deal land for peace. That's why Barak was turfed so easily after Sharon's infamous "visit".

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't half the territory.
It was half of Jerusalem... (he'd offered to divide control over the city) which was stil WAY more than any other leader had ever offered.

This is the mind-set of the Palestinian Leadership:

Give us A, and we'll stop blowing stuff up.
*they get A*
Okay, you gave us A.
*Blows something up*
Now, give us B, and we'll stop blowing stuff up.
*repeat indefinitely*

This is the mindset of the Israeli Leadership:
Stop blowing stuff up, and we'll talk.
*Stuff blows up*
What part of 'STOP' didn't you understand?
*Stuff blows up*
We've been very paitient with you...
*Stuff blows up*
Listen, just stop blowing stuff up for one week, and we'll discuss this like rational people...
*Stuff blows up*
Fine.
*Blows some Palestinian stuff up*
*Rest of Arab world: WAAAAH! Israel is being MEAN!*
Oh, come ON!

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe not the Palestinian Leadership, but definitely extremists and other fringe groups like Hamas, or Islamic Jihad, or Hezbollah, etc. etc.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going with Omega and First of Two on this issue.

This is evidence that Hell has indeed frozen over.

IP: Logged
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
definitely extremists and other fringe groups like Hamas, or Islamic Jihad, or Hezbollah

Oh, definitely.

And definitely Arafat knows who these guys' leaders are, and probably where they are, too. He doesn't have to tolerate their actions if he doesn't want to... unless he's powerless to prevent them... in which case, he's not being that effective as a leader, is he?

It's like I tell these religious fans in our own country... start policing your OWN extremists, before you start worrying about what _I_ do.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The American government is freezing financial assets of Hamas in our country and shutting down centers of funding for this group. The Israelis indirectly can thank the FUBARs who crashed into our buildings and fields on Sept 11 for this change of policy. For you see, our government knew of these assets and centers before the 11th and did nothing.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the FUBARs who

Is that an appropriate use of the acronym? The 'fucked up beyond all recognition'ers who ... ? Why not just say 'the fucks who'?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But then you run into problems with inappropriate use of verbs...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except that "fuck" is, in fact, a noun as well. "FUBAR", however, is not.
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I use FUBARs as a noun. You don't like it-tough!!!
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Fo2 and several of the others.

The Israelies have been very nice to the point of "appeasement".

What the fu*k more does the Palestinians want?

With Arafat's so-call "action against terrorism" there can be only two explanation.

1. He's got the power to stop it, but instead he sit on his ass and enjoy the view of Israelies getting blown apart by bombs.

2. He's got no power to stop it, but keep on yapping away on how he's the supposing leader of Palestinians.

Either way, he's an incompetent fu*k, and Sharon is right not to deal with a FUBAR like him

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FUBAR applies to a situation ... not a person. Yeeesh.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Israelies have been very nice to the point of "appeasement

A lie.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is that a lie?

Israelies did in fact give up A HUGE CHUNK of the landmass.
http://www.geographic.org/maps/new1/israel_maps.html

They were granted conditional indepedence.

Last time I heard, Israelies were in the process of granting FULL independence to the Palestinians before the Palestinians unleashed hell.

I think with the above conditions, Israelies were pretty damn close trying to applease Palestinians.

[ December 05, 2001: Message edited by: BlueElectron ]

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a history course before you start waving around coloured maps and coming up with theories of who was giving what to who.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps