Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » White House is sued by GAO (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: White House is sued by GAO
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I believe he said "tends" rather than "are," and someone took a "usually" to be an "always."

Of course, this depends on your point-of-view as to the definition of "a$$holes," too.

The Liberals have gun-grabbers, PC'ists, race-baiters, overlitigators, mass-abortionists, criminal-coddlers, Marxists, China-snoggers, and envirokooks.

The Conservatives have kill-em-alls, racists, 'Freemen,' creationists, land despoilers, Fundies, censors, arch-nationalists, and greedy corporate buggers.

Both have conspiracy wackos, and apologists, and display an unpleasant tendency to defend their own no matter how badly they've done.

*Personal experience DOES count! How else do you think I came to these conclusions?

[ February 27, 2002, 13:45: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I DO realize that argument. I classify you as a liberal, remember. [Wink]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Omega classifies Rob as a liberal, and most everyone else classifies him as a conservative, it stands to reason he's a libertarian.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crap. Rob posted while I was typing. I meant that to be directed at Tahna.

--------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going by how you TEND to see Liberals, does that make me an asshole, then?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it apparently makes you more likely to be a liar.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Omega
Member # 91

I believe I said that about Democrats, i.e. members of the US Democratic Party, not liberals in general.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but given your constant irrationality, it's reasonable to assume you don't know the difference.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But surely all liberals in the world are members of the US Democratic party? I mean, there can't be other parties. That wouldn't be allowed.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite right. Two parties good, more parties bad. If you're not with us, you're against us.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Member # 91

Yes, but given your constant irrationality, it's reasonable to assume you don't know the difference.

Nice little campaign you've got going trying to convince people of that. Too bad I don't particularly care.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Hey, man, if I'm running a campaign to discredit you, you're doing all my work for me! Keep it up, please, by all means. [Smile]

[ February 28, 2002, 18:52: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Of course, to hear the White House spin it, this unprecedented legal showdown between the legislative and executive branches -- prompted by last week's filing by the General Accounting Office -- isn't really about lifting the veil on the energy industry's influence over the administration's regressive energy policy. It's about protecting freedom, liberty, the Constitution, motherhood, puppies and everything good.
I just loved that quote.

http://www.workingforchange.com/article.cfm?ItemId=12909

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps