Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Someone for Snay to rough up...

Author Topic: Someone for Snay to rough up...
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...when he becomes a good cop.

http://www.oag.state.md.us/Press/2002/0425a02.htm

This cretin attacked a poor woman with the only thing she had any feelings about.

If any of you have a loved one in a nursing home, check up on them regularly. Ifyou are considering a nursing home for someone, do your homework and check out the place.

Oh, and Snay, you should rough up the judge, too, for giving this @#$% such a pitiful slap on the wrist. I hope her 'community service' isn't around any other life forms.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She only has to stay out of the business for three years? WTF? They should send her info to every nursing home (and for that matter, every hospital, day care center, school, retirement home, and possibly human being) on the planet, and say that, if she ever even attempts to work in that field again, the police should be called to arrest her again...
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and then they should hang her.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or beat her w/ a bear.

No, I didn't mean to say "teddy".

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or space bomb her

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People suck. One wonders how people like that are able to live with themselves knowing they have it within themselves to abuse the helpless. I agree with everything you guys have said. She should never be allowed to work in any branch of care giving again.

And she should be beaten.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or perhaps keel hauled.....

.....under a CVN.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*click*

Oooooooohhhhh. I just got the term "keel hauled". Never really put it together with the keel of a ship before. So, what exactly is "keel hauling", then. You tie them by the feet to the keel of a ship, throw them in the water, and let them drag underneath the boat until they stop moving?

Sounds about right for this loser.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure the prison population wouldn't look too kindly on what this woman did (any more then they like child abusers).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, right. I'm sure prisoners care about old people.

Anyway, I don't think keel-hauling was a method of execution, but I could be wrong. They put you in the water and then used ropes to drag you underneath the ship, but not lengthwise. Just across the, uh, width.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

From Dictionary.com: "To haul under the keel of a ship, by ropes attached to the yardarms on each side. It was formerly practiced as a punishment in the Dutch and English navies."

I still don't get it, but it sounds like something that might be appropriate for them to do to this woman.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bind wrists & ankles. Attach long ropes to both. Throw punishee overboard starboard side & pull (haul) them under the bottom of the boat, home of the keel. The kicker of it was that in those days, ships didn't have any kind of anti-barnacle growth anything, so the bottom was almost always (except for new ships) coated in razor-sharp barnacles which would then cut the shit out of the offender.

Also makes for one of the best Kirk lines ever written in a Trek novel: "Damn it, Spock! This is the second time you've pulled this stunt! First V'Ger, now the Guardian! I swear, if you ever sneak off to try mind-melding with an alien intelligence again, I'm going to boot you out the nearest airlock without a suit! We'll see if keelhauling is possible in space! Understand?"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only on this board could a conversation about keel hauling come back to trek.

Anyway. Depending on who was meting out the punishment, keel hauling was either merely a fucked up way to deal with minor infractions or a death sentence.

Captian Kidd once killed nearly a quarter of his crew by keel hauling them through shallow reef.

I often have wanted to see a movie about this.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw one movie where they did it, where if the keelhaulee survived the barnacles and drowning, the sharks would get him.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? What movie? As long as it wasn't "Cutthroat Island" (which is so bad I can't even finish) I'll go and rent it.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps