Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Five Questions for Mr. Bush (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Five Questions for Mr. Bush
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Five Questions
By William Rivers Pitt
t r u t h o u t | May 8, 2002

quote:
1. What is the true nature of the Saudi Arabian connection to 9/11, and why has this connection not been a priority for Bush's State Department?

-

2. Why has the Bush administration not been the loudest, most strident advocate for a far-reaching investigation into 9/11?

-

3. What, precisely, is the legal basis for a war with Iraq?

-

4. Where is the anthrax killer?

-

5. What role did America play in the recent failed coup in Venezuela?

From t r u t h o u t.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guesstimates.....

1. The Saudi Government is 'friendly', we should try to keep it that way.... It's about oil...

2. Maybe, by playing it quiet, they are getting farther along, then going around yelling....

3. Do we have all the facts??? Say you were an informant and gave away some info, that really only you could give.... Would you want the people you gave the info to to blurt it out, ending your life???

4. It could be 'home-grown' terrorism, there also could be a group working quietly on this.... Laying low and quiet works for any number of predetors in the wild.... Could this work in a man against man crisis also......

5. OIL, it is all about oil.... Since the 'greenpeacers' through such a fit about everything, and threaten 'home-grown' terrorism on such projects we are tied up there.....
I worked as a security guard at a dump site in Standish, MI, where people calling themselves 'greenpeace' wrecked fences, bulldozers, and front-end loaders in the name of protecting the land.... Yes, they are a mild group of people....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only one of those questions that hasn't been answered already is #4.

1. Everybody knows that the Saudi fundies support terrorism, and the Saudi leadership is compelled to listen to them because they threaten to overthrow the government otherwise. Basically, we're nice to the Saudis because the alternative would be worse. Plus, the greenies won't let us drill enough to become self-sufficient, and nobody's willing to fund large-scale solar development, so we're kind of caught in a bind.

2. We know who did it. We know why. We know how. What more do you want?

3. All those who can remember the last time ANY war was carried out primarily for 'legal' reasons, raise your hand... *crickets chirp* what're you gonna do, SUE 'em to death?

5. Considerably less than the people who actually did it. Who are known, yet somehow escaping all that much blame, while you look for a politically convenient scapegoat. Mea culpa, we didn't say "don't do that." Inaction, however, is not generally considered a crime.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless, of course, one happens to be God, yes? [Wink]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This should be good.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It just warms my heart to read the simplistic answers proffered by our members of the right.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the way Jon Stewart put it. The US and Saudi Arabia have a special relationship: that of addict and dealer.
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can Bush count to 5 maybe you should have made it 3 questions.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It just warms my heart to read the simplistic answers proffered by our members of the right.
But what more can be said?

--------------------
Signature.

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simplistic or no, Rob's quite right. What more do you want?

--------------------

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

"I'm not here to nuance"
- George W. Bush

Turns out simplistic don't cut the mustard.

Ok class, what I want you to do is explain how the Bush Doctrine which states if you or any other state that supports terrah, harbors terrahists, sells terrah at local Wal-Marts or has anything to do with terrah, then you are evil and against us freedom loving types and we're a' coming after ya...explain why this isn't being enforced against countries like, oh, Saudi Arabia?

[ May 10, 2002, 17:02: Message edited by: Jay the Obscure ]

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last I knew I was a fence sitter..... I do believe that I am on record here, someplace, that I am not a fan of young Bush...

But somethings just need to be said....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ok class, what I want you to do is explain how the Bush Doctrine which states if you or any other state that supports terrah, harbors terrahists, sells terrah at local Wal-Marts or has anything to do with terrah, then you are evil and against us freedom loving types and we're a' coming after ya...explain why this isn't being enforced against countries like, oh, Saudi Arabia?
*Raises hand*
OOH! I can do that, teacher!
I can even use small words, so you're sure to comprehend! *

It's like in real school, you know?
If there's a group of unpleasant kids messing with you, and you take one of the nastier ones and beat the snot out of him, the other ones reconsider messing with you? And if they don't, you beat the snot out of the next nastiest one? And so on?

Well, Afghanistan and Iraq are the nasty kids, and Saudi Arabia is the 'toadie' kid who's hanging out with them, not really fighting beside them, but not yet convinced that he'd be better off behaving. But if you beat the snot out of the ringleaders, generally you don't have to beat the snot out of the toadie.

If you know this going in, you can limit the number of fights that you get in.

Because fighting a 23-front war, as you would presumably have us do, is stupid.

*Well, I had to do that with REAL teachers, so why not?

[ May 11, 2002, 07:23: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Omega
Member # 91

"Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of an idiot would fight a war on twelve fronts."
-Londo Mollari

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
*Well, I had to do that with REAL teachers, so why not?
Woohoo! He's bragging again.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps