Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » What "new arms race?" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What "new arms race?"
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you who hadn't heard, Bush and Putin have announced a new treaty further cutting each side's nuclear warhead count, leaving about 1/3 of the missiles allowed under the original Start I Treaty (Start II, which would have reduced that amount a little, has not taken effect yet.)

So much for the "the ABM defense will start a new arms race with Russia!" hysteria.

[ May 14, 2002, 12:34: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Rob, it's the "rogue states with nukes will launch on us before we're done!" hysteria.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I much prefer the dancing and partying kind of hysteria, myself.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
British Slasher Films do it for me, I would imagine.
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer anime-induced hysteria myself.

What about the "the ABM defense will start a new arms race with China!" hysteria?

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually ICBMs can't run that fast.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inter City Blonde Men can so run fast.

[ May 15, 2002, 13:30: Message edited by: Grokca ]

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ June 07, 2002, 21:06: Message edited by: David Sands ]

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, that is an interesting point....????
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the slasher URL thingy, Ultra-thin Magnum. Good stuff. Soriety House Massacre looks like a future rental.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You want horror?

Rent Speed 2.

Now that's scary!

[Eek!]

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speed 2; that would be the one where the writer (can't remember his name) dreamt of the final scene and wrote the movie backwards from there. Tells you all you need to know...

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's phucking awesome! I never knew they stacked shit that high! Frebsi-Fiorben!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ritten, I love ya...

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fondled a weapon of mass destruction on Saturday.

Lindsey & I went to DC, & we stopped in at NASM--I haven't been there (NASM or DC) since I was 13. As we entered, I looked over to the left & exclaimed, "Holy fucking SHIT!! THOSE weren't there last time!!"

It was an Amercian "Pershing II" & a Soviet SS-20 "Saber" IRBM side-by-side.

I ran over & stared...& when no one was looking (not that I could be picked out in that crowd) I reach over & fondled the SS-20. Lindsey had the look of "Should I leave you alone?" I told her that "this thing could take out New York, LA, & Washington. By itself." That impressed her.

MIRV. It's a lovely thing.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps